2 Week Old Chick With Hurt Leg! Help! **Pictures**

baileyvivian

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 18, 2012
One of my 2 week old blue copper maran chicks leg looks twisted and it's alway extended funny. It's the right leg. I don't know what happened to it but I only noticed today. What cam I do to help it? Also this line seems to have messed up toes, what can I do about them?

Last edited:
Did this turn up over night? Is the chick in obvious pain or limping? If this is recent, it could be a dislocated hip. Maybe a vet could put it back in place. If this is something old and the chick is not showing much distress, it could have started out in life like this in which case it will probably adapt eventually.

Either way, if the chick is suffering and you cannot find an answer, you should probably do the right thing and put it down. So sorry.

Did this turn up over night? Is the chick in obvious pain or limping? If this is recent, it could be a dislocated hip. Maybe a vet could put it back in place. If this is something old and the chick is not showing much distress, it could have started out in life like this in which case it will probably adapt eventually.

Either way, if the chick is suffering and you cannot find an answer, you should probably do the right thing and put it down. So sorry.

I only noticed it the other day but I could have easily missed it before. It doesn't seem in pain but when it tries to run its leg slips out from under it. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom