20" of Snow ! Chickens do not like..... *pics*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lunachick, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Our first storm - a white Christmas this year! But THEY don't care....

Digging to the henhouse....almost there!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hello Tallulah.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now we're getting brave, what's all this white stuff?
    [​IMG]

It's getting cold....can we come in?
    [​IMG]

This is nice, can we stay over tonight?
    [​IMG]

Well no....those girls had to be carried out to the coop. And when I carried each one out, they snuggled in my arms. I almost turned around and brought them back in!!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2009
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] I love chickens in the snow! Mine won't touch it and jump onto things to get to where they want [​IMG] .

3. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I will probably never in my lifetime get to see so much snow!! That is beautiful. I'm sure you don't want that much, but we hardly ever get any.

4. Bec

Bec THE Delaware Blue Hen

That's what our little "trails" look like! Yours are much more brave than mine! I had to lure mine out with bread...lol.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I have to force mine outside! I have to lay hay down then throw scratch on it! They just stare at it! They have stayed inside for weeks now pee-yoooo...I want them outside for at leat the first big pooh in the am! lol..great pictures

6. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    [​IMG] These were the young ones.....a little more adventurous than the older ones...........

7. ChicknJ

ChicknJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    Central Florida
    great pics, they are looking highly impressed. You can almost read the 'tude in their faces

8. kayri

kayri Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2007
    RI
    Mine wouldn't come out either until late in the afternoon when my little Ameracuna jumped up on top of the hen house and then in an effort not to touch any snow flew 100 ft across the garden and into a pine tree and I had to climb through the brambles to get her down. My game bird tried to follow her, didn't make it that far and crash landed into a 3 ft drift and had to be rescued also. Tomorrow's another day!!!

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Although our snow was nowhere near what you have, it was still the first snow for most of my birds. What did they do? They ran around like total "freakazoids" and had the time of their lives!

10. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    I opened the pen up to see if anyone wanted out, they all rushed over....and stopped. Except the duck, she boldly flopped over the drifts, went around in a circle, and flopped back throught the snow back into the pen. I laughed, it was pretty cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by