20" of Snow ! Chickens do not like..... *pics*

Lunachick

Chicken Slave
12 Years
Mar 19, 2007
Brick, NJ
Our first storm - a white Christmas this year! But THEY don't care....

Digging to the henhouse....almost there!

941_snow_008.jpg

941_snow_007.jpg

Hello Tallulah.....

941_snow_009.jpg

941_snow_013.jpg

Now we're getting brave, what's all this white stuff?
941_snow_014.jpg

It's getting cold....can we come in?
941_snow_016.jpg

This is nice, can we stay over tonight?
941_snow_018.jpg

Well no....those girls had to be carried out to the coop. And when I carried each one out, they snuggled in my arms. I almost turned around and brought them back in!!

Last edited:
I have to force mine outside! I have to lay hay down then throw scratch on it! They just stare at it! They have stayed inside for weeks now pee-yoooo...I want them outside for at leat the first big pooh in the am! lol..great pictures

Mine wouldn't come out either until late in the afternoon when my little Ameracuna jumped up on top of the hen house and then in an effort not to touch any snow flew 100 ft across the garden and into a pine tree and I had to climb through the brambles to get her down. My game bird tried to follow her, didn't make it that far and crash landed into a 3 ft drift and had to be rescued also. Tomorrow's another day!!!

Although our snow was nowhere near what you have, it was still the first snow for most of my birds. What did they do? They ran around like total "freakazoids" and had the time of their lives!

I opened the pen up to see if anyone wanted out, they all rushed over....and stopped. Except the duck, she boldly flopped over the drifts, went around in a circle, and flopped back throught the snow back into the pen. I laughed, it was pretty cute!

Back
Top Bottom