Pics
If they manage to hit the world record and be in the oldest geese ever (got to beat 49 years and 8 months) I will make them their own thread so people can keep updated on them! I don't think I could put them in the Guinness book of records because I don't know their exact DOB, all I know is that it is in the 1970s so I couldn't prove their age and I really dont want them going to a load of vets so they can take blood samples to verify the age because that would hurt them.

They are such a nice looking old couple. As long as they have a good appetite they should be fine. Maybe some shredded romaine lettuce would be a nice treat for them since they don’t get to graze any longer.
I shall get some the next time I am at the store, I am aware that they don't get the best foraging diet anymore and I am always looking for ideas and suggestions that would give them a boost! Thank you!!!

My geese love lettuce I just toss the whole heads out and they pull pieces off. Between them and the ducks and chickens it takes less than 10 mins to clean up 4 heads of leaf romaine.
Do you think I should chop them up for Walt and Em, just thinking that their teeth might not be as good as they once were.

20200216_174415.jpg

They didn't want to go to bed today and just sat their until I came out! 😂

If they manage to hit the world record and be in the oldest geese ever (got to beat 49 years and 8 months) I will make them their own thread so people can keep updated on them! I don't think I could put them in the Guinness book of records because I don't know their exact DOB, all I know is that it is in the 1970s so I couldn't prove their age and I really dont want them going to a load of vets so they can take blood samples to verify the age because that would hurt them.

I honestly think that would already be a wonderful thread to follow! Even if they aren't the oldest they're certainly older than any geese I've seen!

Back
Top Bottom