24 HR AUCTION~~6 Wood duck eggs~~PICS ADDED

oh, please post pics, Iknow they are a local bird here so that would be great my backyard lake, we don't have any.

Here are some pics....forgot I already had em uploaded to BYC....
This is when one of our males was confused and in love with our Choc turkey hen....we set him straight now
wink.png

28596_pics_ofnewpen_006.jpg

Male was in moult in this pic...

Mary-they are so awesome-I love your confused boy!!! has he gotten over his turkey love yet??

I wish you were offering these 2 weeks ago..Are these as easy to take care of as regular ducks or is there special treatment??

They aren't a breed that'll follow you around....more skittish....a wild duck....but so beautiful none the less...

Yep...he got over his love confusion....(?) and how his mate is laying eggs.

Quote:
see predators kill any poultry not locked up tight on property..so how would I keep them safe if I couldnt get them into a cage or something?? I better just wait to see if my call ducks hatch LOL then decide if I need more ducks! they are so pretty Mary..your lucky

Quote:
see predators kill any poultry not locked up tight on property..so how would I keep them safe if I couldnt get them into a cage or something?? I better just wait to see if my call ducks hatch LOL then decide if I need more ducks! they are so pretty Mary..your lucky

This site has instructions for building the nest boxes that you mount on trees, that is what my MIL is planning to do.

http://www.gamebird.com/refs.html

I bought 3 from a guy that builds them for LDWF...sells them for $25!

Each of mine have a burned wood duck on the front....each a different pattern....here is a pic of one...

28596_dscf1941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom