ducklover128

Chirping
Nov 3, 2022
I had a baby Muscovy that got hurt a few days ago, I got her all warmed up and she was feisty as ever, so I put her back with mom and siblings. That was Sunday, I believe. On Tuesday, I fed em all, everybody was fine. We left for a few hours, came home and she was dead. Today I found another female, on her back with her booty in the drain hole. I got her out, warmed her up, and she seems ok. I'm too scared to put her back with mom and siblings. Please help me, I'm not sure what to do. I don't wanna lose another one 😭😭😭. She is about 7 weeks old. No visible injuries, she's feisty, she's eating and drinking, she's walking...the only thing I noticed, was when I first picked her up, her pupils were going big to small to big to small really fast. The first one that died had the same thing. But her pupils are normal now. I want her to be with her family, but I don't know if they will hurt her again.....it's mom and a bunch of unruly boys.

The dilated pupils sounds like shock... has there been any "surprises" or possible attacks from other flock members? I'd keep her in a warm, quiet area. Maybe a little bit of B12 or sugar water to help keep her going. I'll tag a few people who can maybe help
@Kiki
@New duck mommy 2021

The dilated pupils sounds like shock... has there been any "surprises" or possible attacks from other flock members? I'd keep her in a warm, quiet area. Maybe a little bit of B12 or sugar water to help keep her going. I'll tag a few people who can maybe help
@Kiki
@New duck mommy 2021
No surprises, no attacks. I don't know how early they start to fight with each other, but they all seem to get along well. She has been running around the house and seems fine. I just want everybody to be happy, but safety is my main concern. Thank you so much. I need all the help I can get. 😩🦆

Back
Top Bottom