5 week old chick dripping urine

2pollitos

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 12, 2014
Hi,
I have a 5 week old chick who is clearly sick and is dripping urine. His poop is running but I'm not sure if that is from the dripping urine or runny on its own. He was raised with another chick who is doing just fine. The sick chick stands there wobbly with his eyes closed, looking very sick.

Does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks.

Thanks! The poor little guy looks so sick. Is Corid common and easy to find? Can I use any form of amprolium?

No, unfortunately. I can try feed stores or a pharmacy. Perhaps they will have it if it is common.

Amprolium is usually used at low dose for prevention in feed, but can be used for treatment in correct doses. I believe corid is more effective though for treatment.

As this can wipe out your chicks very fast get them started on Corrid (or amprolium if you don't have access to corid) ASAP

Last edited:
Corid is amprollium which might go under the name Amprollium or Amprol or Corid it is the SAME medication just different names depending on the area you live in. Hope this helps you find it! Also I have a question? Chickens don't pee they have u rates (the white cap on the poop) do you mean he's dripping poop?

Back
Top Bottom