8 Weeks old Chick breathing very hard! I can see her whole body move while she is breathing!

Tanya22

Songster
5 Years
Oct 23, 2018
India
Please please help me out! I have been treating my 2 chicks for coccidiosis and finished their treatment yesterday. The older one has been very sick for 2 weeks now and she also has growth problems. Her legs are also very weak and she just moves to eat and drink.
I have given her vitamins before and have started again today. But please tell me why is she breathing so hard? Is it a respiratory problem?
I have not seen her have runny nose or eyes but she is overall very weak. Her breathing really scares me as compared to her sister it is very very fast!

Are you feeding her a chick starter grower feed? You can add some warm water to a small amount of chick feed to make it wet and mushy, which may get her to eat and take more water. A little chopped egg in moderation can help. Some chick vitamins in the water, or a couple of drops orally of poultry NutriDrench can be good for a few days. How old would you guess she is, and does she have many feathers yet? Do you have them uder a heat lamp or other heat source? Pictures can be helpful.
I just took this picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181104-191945.png
    Screenshot_20181104-191945.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 15
I
@Saaniya lives in India, and she might be helpful to suggest where to find certain items or medicines. Small pebbles or rock/gravels can be good for grit particles.
have been talking to her for more than a week and she has been a great help! She actually suggested Proviboost and Granite for grit. :)

Back
Top Bottom