ya.gif
woot.gif
celebrate.gif
ep.gif
bow.gif
love.gif
pop.gif

Quote:
Hi there from UK! I've had a broody Coturnix for a week and have finally given in and given her eggs tonight! i didn't realise until i read your postin that quail coud successfully hatch babies! So here i go day 1, lets see if she can manage this! Congrats on your babies!

Cindy x

well done they are amazing i would love to have a broody coturnix i have had broody button quail and one hatched 4 chicks 3 days ago so i will try to create a line of just parent reared buttons next year if i get another broody button i may try and foster japenese quail eggs under her to make them a bit more likely to go broody. is there anyway you made her go broody special food/nesting material or was it just luck?

Luck plus a natural setting. My birds are on the ground. outdoors and in a big pen. Straw floor. Foliage to hide in (some real some plastic plants). I give them game bird feed, seeds and veggies. They are really picky about the veggies though. Hopefully the babies will take to veggie scraps. I am going to start offering some in a bowl tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom