We Quit Cigarettes

Thanks for the support, y’all.

I’m currently falling down a rabbit hole. I’ve moved past geese (they’re not available until too late for a motivator) and I’m trying to find bottle baby cows or sheep.

my husbands going to kill me.

......BUT IT WONT BE THE CIGARETTES THAT DO IT!

Why are you so obsessed with mad cow disease? :pop
it is one of those interesting diseases that did stir up quite the stink around 2000-2010.....moreso in europe than the US.....one of the first prion diseases which as carp stated could not be “killed” by the standard sterilization techniques. while most of the literature is “theoretical” as there has not been any confirmed cases of human-human infection, many areas will not allow donation of blood where outbreak has occurred in cattle.

I have noticed sometimes when I take tight turns a little hot it’s a little precarious. :oops: there’s some pretty tight ramps here and then I usually hit the brakes. But usually I slow way down on them but sometimes I haven’t slowed enough
This is not funny.
It's just stupid.

So today’s my day. I planned on allowing myself one or two cigarettes today on my quit day, but I’m not so sure. Why drag it out a whole (almost) day and still be back at square 1 tomorrow when I could be on day 2?

I’ve been trying to figure out what I wanted to do for myself and I decided I’d get some geese. NO ONE TOLD ME THEY COST AN ARM AND A LEG!!!! Whattttttttttttt???????

do they ship better or something? How am I supposed to spend HUNDREDS of bucks on two geese and hope they both make it?!? Should I hatch? How hard is it to get eggs? am I going to fall in love with geese? Are they fine without a pond? I feel like I see a ton of barnyard geese with just a bucket to dip their bill.

hope you feel better today @Kiki
Go to Starbucks...give them your last two cigarettes NOW!

Good luck.

Idk, I’ve just been lucky I guess. Also I slow down when I see them. Also I only got my license like 4 years ago 😂
I've had two. I don't even speed.
but couldn’t the monitor maybe help you find contributing factors/situations that may give you more control.....and may be definitely worth monitoring should you decide to add the medication.
As far as I know, the monitor doesn't show my pulse in real time. I think it just records the data with flagged markers for the doctor to look at.

I
Know this much , I have been off cigs twice. Once for 6 weeks doing well. I decided once when I had a car problem to smoke one. By the next day I was smoking again. Once I quit with my daughter inlaw as soon as she found out she was pregnant. I suffered but wanted to be done with them. She stayed off so did I. After the baby was born she admitted she just had to have a cig 1 time every night. I knew it was wrong but it just sounded so good. She gave me one. It tasted so horrible but nonetheless I had to have it. Next night the same. I felt it make my legs numb and head spin but needed it. A hurricane came about the next day and after it was over we had no lights for a few days. Several people were hanging out, I bummed cigs. Told myself my nerves needed just a few now and then better than I was. I finally just bought a pack when things got normal but promised myself: no cigs till after 12pm noon. After all I used to wake up and light up so, still I'm doing better. I think that lasted 1 day and I was right back on them. My daughter inlaw had already went back too and was hiding it. I think I should have left them alone and never started on the 1 cig . Something .
...because I have no courage to give them up again. A lot of it is mental but it's also physical. I do know once the commitment is made, like any other drug, you cant have just 1. Or it gets u back on them. Only the people who aren't addicted can do that.
I am going to really have to try hard to stay focused because I do keep thinking that one drag won't hurt.
And yes I know this sounds retarded and is just dumb but it's real. It would be so much easier just going to buy a pack. Today might be a tough day.

I have to win!

This is not funny.
It's just stupid.
And in a crossover SUV at that. Some people dont understand it can all change in an instant. Those 4 little patches of rubber is the only thing connecting them to the road. What if there's a defect in a tire? What if you roll over something too small to notice? One blowout or breaking loose and that's a wrap. Comprehend this. You're not in control of all things. You think you are but you're not.

I've had two. I don't even speed.

As far as I know, the monitor doesn't show my pulse in real time. I think it just records the data with flagged markers for the doctor to look at.
I know my education included enough instruction on reading EKG information to make me slightly more qualified than a googler but in no way an expert 😂 but maybe the home route....fitbit and/or OTC monitoring apps (mentioned by @CindyinSD could give you the info for self-monitoring without breaking the bank.....may also help with “peace of mind”

Back
Top Bottom