2. Help on netting for my 60x40 area that is electric fenced
3. Still bummed

Any advice will greatly appreciated

RIP "Betty"

Attachments

• 20170929_135911.jpg
    20170929_135911.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 15
Here's how I did my net. The net cost me $60.00 it was 100x100ft. I cut it into 4's so I have3 replacements. I put the post in the middle to make a tent like pole and just used a heavy duty stapler and stabled it around the run. My run is 25x25 ft. Just google anti-bird netting. If you need more detailed pic's just ask.
IMG_3276.JPG

Hello There,

I'm terribly sorry for your loss of Betty. She was such a beautiful hen. May she rest peacefully. On the predator advice, you could use hardware cloth to cover the run...

But a friend of mine, @BYCforlife, put together an article that is very helpful and I am sure will help you more than hardware cloth. It is fully your call though, just food for thought. Here is the link to it: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/how-to-stop-hawks-for-30-cents.73167/.

Once again, I am sorry for your loss and I hope this doesn't happen again. :)
Best of luck, God bless. Have a nice evening!

Sincerely,
-The Angry Hen

I have to put the bird netting up and take it up every season for the snow. but it keeps my run safe during the day. Not predator proof, but keeps the hawks out.

I gave up the electronetting b/c of hawks. Depending on how often it's moved, bird netting could be used, or even fishing line. If using bird netting, I'd set up the electronet so it would fit the 14' width of the bird netting.

Back
Top Bottom