Aggressive d Uccle Chick (PIC)

My almost two-weekers will run over to my hand when I put it in the box and gently poke at it looking for food, but once they realize I dont have anything for them, they climb up into my hands for a snuggle. I have also found that making a purring sound quiets the whole bunch. It seems to soothe them. I have two babies that I can tell now are roos and both are sweet as candy. However, this only speaks for about half of the bunch (27 total). The other half run from our hands and crowd in corners while the other half gets all the lovies. Most of the lovey dovey half appear at this point to be my hens. I'll be happy if I get one friendly roo out of the lot of them, and be contented with hens I can handle. Maybe you could try purring at your little monster. Take him out wether he bites you or not and pet him gently, talk softly to him, and dont let him down until he is calm so that the holding is a good experience for him. Either way, I wish you good luck with your little stinker! Keep some bandaides handy!

I have only had one short expierence with mille fleur cockeral. He was ok and not mean so far but I never got a chance to see how he would turn out as Freebie's posessed Border Collie killed him accidently by trying to herd him back in his cage. I would of loved to see how he would've turned out. I guess it is the size issue lol. Ya know little people can be pretty scrappy!

I've had the nicest and the meanest standard RIR roosters and the worst little leghorn stinker ever who would not give up! Let's just say that the only good they are doing today is bringing in 16 bucks so I can buy the hens a new bag of feed.

Back
Top Bottom