Ameraucana gender?

Can we see a couple of your confirmed cockerels for comparison?
That’s the problem. None of them have male pattern feathers, none have confirmed heel spurs, none have crowed, none are confirmed cockerel. Statistically it is astronomically unlikely that this rooster created 45 females and not one male. But I can’t figure it out.

That’s the problem. None of them have male pattern feathers, none have confirmed heel spurs, none have crowed, none are confirmed cockerel. Statistically it is astronomically unlikely that this rooster created 45 females and not one male. But I can’t figure it out.
I would agree.

Do any of them have red leakage on their wingbows?

The one on the left here I would say cockerel because of the color. Obviously I'd need to see the whole bird to be sure, but that would be my assumption from what I can see of him.
Screenshot_20200923-224844_BackYard Chickens.jpg

The one on the left here I would say cockerel because of the color. Obviously I'd need to see the whole bird to be sure, but that would be my assumption from what I can see of him.
View attachment 2346077
That one on the left...I have some impure genetics. Somehow that came out of a match between two all black birds. It was yellow as a chick. There are four in total of the entire bunch. The rest came out black. It doesn’t have male feathers either. But I do think at least one of them might be male. A hunch.

Back
Top Bottom