Annie's thread- Five puppies! LOTS of PICS on page 10!

Today is day 57 from first tie, assuming I counted right. First day was on 4/10- they tied three times that day, second was 4/11- they tied 4 times that day and then 4/13- they tied once. I know that is a lot of ties, we only had them together when supervised and every time we took Annie out to pee she would let him tie her. We finally moved him across the yard where they couldn't reach each other.

Temp when back up from 99.2 to 99.6 at 1:30 so I guess no puppies today. I will take it again probably at ten and again at 12 just to be sure. They are very active today, so weird you can tell just from watching if its a puppy butt, back, head or foot pushing. I saw three distinct pups today while I was staring at her. Seems like I haven't gotten much accomplished other then staring at her today. Yesterday I took the blanket out of the pool and put in newspapers and her towel she always sleeps with, she refused to even go into it, I gave in today took out the paper and put in carpet squares and a old exersise mat I bought but never used, she went in and layed for a while but I think its just to hot in there. We have the air on inside, its 77.8 in here and temps outside finally dropped to 87.3, DH is mowing the fenced yard even though I offered (what a sweetie! Since our deal was if he put up the fence I would mow it) so that is one less thing to worry about as it was so tall if she had dropped a pup out there we would of never found it. It was over her belly when she walked around!

Scale didn't come today. We are getting excited though, DH said today he gets to name half the puppies, I said fine as long as you don't pick body parts or clothing names ( he tried to name our cat Bra)

Thanks again for keeping me company and giving me somewhere to talk about all this!

Quote:
Your lucky mine decided to name all three of ours. At least he picked cute names.

Oh I have to get a recent picture of Huckleberry. He is becoming a great chicken herder. For the last three weeks we have been working on cues and so far everynight like clock work he has rounded up the chickens and gotten them back in the pen. Some of the girls aren't to happy with a dog chasing them, but most of them are learning when he comes down they have to go in. He stays 1 foot behind them and cuts them off when they try to double back. Makes things easy when the girls want to stay out longer. Who said a Beagle can't get along with chickens.
smile.png

The dad is a beagle as well, both registered, though we are thinking of only allowing limited registration on some of the pups. Four pups have homes already that will be going to hunters we are friends with. Both parent dogs are great rabbit hunters. Two already have homes with pet owners. (assuming she has at least six) The two that are going to be just pets I am thinking of doing the limited registration and spay neuter contracts. If she has Ten, well, we will be looking for a few more good homes, though we have a few other hunter friends interested.

That is awesome about Huckleberry, Annie and Brutus both just ignore the chickens, guineas, and ducks, though when she was younger she did kill a duck, she got in big trouble too and acts like they are not even there now. Rabbits are a different story though, even our pet rabbits look like a meal to her. She goes right for them, even if you are holding them she will try to get them. I showed her one of our baby guinea pigs the other day, she sniffed it and walked away, though I think my husband was right when he said the look she had was the same as when we offer her some kind of food she doesn't want. "I am so not eating that!"

I just so hope she has them before next weekend. I don't want to disappoint my mom, she wants me to come down and go garage saleing with her on Saturday, she is elderly and on oxygen and doesn't get to go out much, so I really want to do this for her. Then my niece moved my great nieces birthday party to next weekend because I had to work last weekend, so they are doing that Saturday afternoon/ night. I trust my DH to watch the puppies, but I don't trust him to bring them into the world. He is just to sure that she will be fine and nothing will go wrong, which I hope it won't, but still.

I work 2-10's all week so if she has them at night that would be just fine, and I wouldn't even have to miss work. I told her 11pm all week is good for me. lol

I am getting so excited. I can't believe how much they are moving.

Oh temp updates would be good, last night at 12:30 it was 99.5 and at 10:30 this morning was still 99.5. I thought for a bit last night that despite the temps she was in first stage labor, she did nothing but pace from 9:30 till 1:30, pace and pant, she laid down for a bit at 12:30 when I was able to get her temp, but got up about 5 minutes later and kept pacing.

Will keep you updated!

So today has been different. At about 5:30 she was laying on the floor and sleeping then started whining I think she was dreaming but I figured I should start taking her temp more often as the time grows near, it was 99.2, down .3 from this morning, so nothing major, but I noticed how much her lady bits have swollen, and seem pushed farther out, like farther out then her butt, if that makes any since, On closer examination I noticed some mucus dripping off. Shortly after I took her out for a wee and she had a huge line of mucus hanging there, poor girl can't even reach her back end anymore her tummy is so big. So I got it off with paper towel, its was clear, but thick. Since then she has been very uneasy and panting. I took her temp again at 8:30 and it was 99.7. Just now she went to lay down for the first time since about 6pm. We will see how long that lasts. The last few days she completely refuses to go into the whelping pool, I will put her in and she will walk right back out. She has also been a chow hound today, she ate most of her dog food, some cheesy tuna helper, mushrooms from DH's Spaghetti, he hates mushrooms, me and Annie love them, as well as licking out the empty pan from the spaghetti. For her this is a lot of food. She is up again, standing here staring at me so I guess I should take her out again. Flashlight in hand just in case.

I need to cut her toenails, but..... though she usually just sits there she flipped out the last three days when I tried, so I gave in, I don't want her to hurt a puppy with them (mainly the front two toenails on each front foot) but I can't hold her down without risking hurting the puppies or her and she refuses to sit still and let me cut them.

Will keep you updated, do all dogs temps drop? I am thinking its not time since temp is still up and she has been eating but the panting, and she is laying down again. If she gets up again I will take her out. she is just laying there staring at me.

I'll be honest I never took my girls temp, but the morning she went into labor I had taken her out for to do potty and noticed she was very clingy and panting like no tomorrow. She didn't want me to leave her so I told my husband to stay with her as I had to go to work. He's delivered farm animals before so I knew she was in good hands.

Annie could very easily be starting labor. How is she this morning?

She is normal this morning I guess. I stayed up till 2am, DH stayed up till 5am, I got back up at 7 and 8 to check her, then got up for good at 10. At the rate we are going I will be exhausted before she even has the puppies. I am thinking of cleaning out my living room and bringing my air mattress down and just sleeping in here with her, I might get more sleep that way. Not sure DH would think that's a good idea though.

Her temp this morning was 99.3. So far I am hearing that if the temp doesn't drop she is not in labor. So I guess I keep waiting for the temp drop. I work 2-10 tonight, so I am hoping for her to start around 11pm, wouldn't that be nice.
Today is day 59! A week from when she lost the first part of her mucus plug. So hopefully we will have pups soon!

I took her temp at 12:30 and it was 98.9 that is the lowest I have seen in over a week. I am hoping for tonight around 11pm. But am trying not to get to excited. Well I am off to work, DH is under strict orders to text me should any digging or whinning commence, but I think if tonight is the night she will wait till I get home.

Fingers crossed for puppies tonight!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom