Another fun & productive CT chicken gathering! NO processing pics!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by Henrietta23, Sep 21, 2008.

1. SandraMort

SandraMort Songster

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    *wail* I wanted to go. When are the ones in October and which one is near Southbury? What should I bring with me other than birdies? How many kids are there that *aren't* involved in processing and what sex/ages? How hard will it be to process with an infant in a backpack?

2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Crowing

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:One will be at my house.

Both me and drumstick are involved in the processing, we do all the culling [​IMG]

If you'd like to come, I'll give you directions [​IMG]

3. SandraMort

SandraMort Songster

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    I definitely WANT to come but whether I can depends on the date.

4. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Crowing

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:I think one will be the 4th or 5th of October, gotta check with PC.

5. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    If you've got your hands free, I see no problem with an infant on the back. Maybe a bit of back bending hassle if we have a low stump and you want to take part in the actual cull. More than likely, there will be non-processors who will be more than happy to infant sit for you!

As for ages, I think we range from 6 on up. The youngest sitting in the bucket in this thread does not process, but he's starting to express interest in getting closer to watching. We have an 8year old who loves chickens and is trying to come to terms with processing. Then there's Drum and Double P, the master and mistress of culling. Then we jump to beer drinking ages with a 37 year old who had to give away a Silkie because he's afraid of it. [​IMG]

6. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:[​IMG] That's too much. I'm gut laughing!!!!

7. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    How many chickenstocks has the tiny little state of Connecticut had so far this year???
    Hmmmm [​IMG]

8. moodusnewchick

moodusnewchick Songster

Feb 15, 2008
    CT
    You know, we haven't called them all chickenstocks, but they really are, aren't they? We are SO COOL we even have nearby states coming over! I love it!

9. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Crowing

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:6 or 7 I think, we've been getting together practically every weekend.

10. PurpleChicken

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Quote:Thanks to BYC I have met a group of friends I can truly say I love. Drumstick says" yes I
    love them too". We are very fortunate people and chicken lovers. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: