Any guess on what color Solo the Silkie is? Happy Update :)

ercky&perky :

Julie love your avatar photo what a handsome silkie <3
Cindy

Thanks!
big_smile.png

ercky&perky :

I have another question what do you feed your chicks? mine are getting pullet grower and seem small although one had twisted toes
hit.gif
I brought him home and stretched them and they went straight his siblings were pecking his good ones!and its buddy perky was picked out smaller to offer him comfort and support
love.gif
I have to check with my neighbour where I got them from but I think he is feeding the rest meat chicken grower is this good???
Cindy

What age are they? Mine are 13 weeks to about 4 months and I am still feeding medicated starter and grower.​

I asked my neighbour how old the silkies are and he looked at me clueless!!
barnie.gif
and then said he started them on pullet grower like me!
roll.png
they are just starting to get their feathers???maybe 3 weeks do you think? they probably should still be on starter then I only have the 2 chicks and we can only buy big bags do you think they will be o.k. on the grower? I don't want them to be lacking in their diet
barnie.gif

I'm not sure I have never fed mine pullet grower only the medicated starter and grower. When mine get close to layign age I will begin to give them laying feed. I heard giving silkies too much corn is bad for them but I give mine corn every now and then because they love cracked corn.

th.gif
I just mixed cornmeal in with their pullet grower but it is very fine stuff hopefully they will be o.k. I know it helps regular chickens get ready for the winter if I'm not mistaken?? obviously I don't know much about silkies do you know what it does to them??

Last edited:
Update. Yesterday I met up with klf73, who gave me 7 precious Ancona babies who were hatched the same day as Solo.

Solo was nervous for about an hour. Then she began learning how to be a chick. She is so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a difference. No peeping or screaming. She had developed a habit of picking herself and had lost lots of fuzz and was having pasty butt. She snuggled right in with them last night and appears like everyone else this morning.

I am so so happy for this poor little chick.

Thanks Krista.

I will try to post a pic later today.

Back
Top Bottom