Anyone Collect Antiques? (Pics)

I love this thread! It's great reading and it is just as good as that magazine, Reminisce and loving every minute of it!

Keep it coming folks!

Anyone else collect antiques
smile.png

My hubby is into antiques, his parents used to sell them. They used to travel all over the world and buy pieces and ship them to the US. So he always has a eye for this sorta things. We have several pieces here and there. One piece is from the 1800 's. All Hand made wood. Stunning. Another piece also same time frame clearly from Germany because it has a piece of newspaper inside it all in German.
I love depression glass, and get lucky and find pieces in thrift shops. The local place has a lot of neat vintage finds. Garage sales too can be a good place to find some items too.

Well I collect Coke items..I really want a large coke sign the rustier the better,. and i would absolutely love to have a coke machine.. But i also collect sifters, graters, perfume bottles with the pump, and anything that is old which will make anice addition to my house..

Those are gorgeous Lunachick, especially like the feet on the table.

Imp

BTW- I have the exact same garbage in my bathroom.
lol.png
We're so cool.

Quote:
Nothing like replying a month later. Hah. You two are my kind of people. I've been dragging stuff home for forty years. The first thing I ask at a rummage sale is "Where's the rusty stuff?"

Your mention of tractor tools reminds me of a neighbor on our lake. He built a small bar in his cabin and has the greatest stools in the world. He hunted around and found four old cast iron tractor seats and made stools with them. I'm sure the seats are worth a gazillion dollars apiece today. One John Deere, one Allis Chalmers, Mpls Moline, and Case.

Quote:
thank you Imp! Actually the "table" is an old piano stool, someone sanded the top so much that the points of the screws are slightly sticking out the top of the seat. I tried it out - not that bad
lol.png
I'll fix that somehow and cover it with a hooked chair pad. I like the feet too, they look they eagle claws holding a crystal ball.

After I posted the pic of the grandfather clock I noticed the toilet
roll.png
oh well.
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom