Anyone in eastern North America have a house duck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MarlyMonster, Feb 18, 2019.

1. MarlyMonster

MarlyMonster Songster

Oct 24, 2018
    Hi lovely people!

I’m gonna make this short, but I’ll give details when asked!

6 weeks ago I hatched a duckling that was the only one left from the eggs I incubated. Since he was alone I got him a friend from the hatchery his egg came from. However now he has passed so his sister is all alone. They were in the house because he was special needs so they’ve grown up being in my house. Now that Penny is alone I’m worried she might get lonely so I’m looking for a solution if that were to happen.

So if you’re in Ontario, Canada, or even in the states bordering southern Ontario, and you have a house duck that would like a Muscovy friend, please message me!

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia ~Delight yourself in the Lord~

I’m sorry you duckling passed away:( I’d take Penny in a minute if not so far away.

Raenh and WannaBeHillBilly like this.
  3. Miss Lydia

4. MarlyMonster

MarlyMonster Songster

Oct 24, 2018
    How far are we talking? If it’s drivable I’d consider it if that means she will be treated like a princess and have a great life

DucksOhio, Raenh, LilyLoo and 3 others like this.
  5. Miss Lydia

I live in Western NC way to far for either one of us to drive. I know @Going Quackers lives up there in that area and I was hoping she might help you out she has Muscovys.?

Raenh and Chick-N-Fun like this.
  6. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Almy Acres Farm

Jun 26, 2014
    Corning, NY
    I’m so sorry about your sweet duckling! :hugs Good luck finding Penny a good home! :fl

Raenh and Miss Lydia like this.
  7. Kkrista123

Kkrista123 Songster

Dec 2, 2018
    Hatboro PA
    My Coop
    Too bad I am all the way in PA :(... I have an indoor duck that is SPOILED ROTTEN!!! She's a girl too!

quackiemama, Raenh and Miss Lydia like this.
  8. MarlyMonster

MarlyMonster Songster

Oct 24, 2018
    She might respond, you never know! Thank you for considering taking her though, I appreciate it!

quackiemama, Raenh and Miss Lydia like this.
  9. MarlyMonster

MarlyMonster Songster

Oct 24, 2018
    PA wouldn’t be too terrible for me! I used to study in RI so I’m familiar with the day long drive lol. What kind of duck is your girl? Think she’d want a friend?

I’d have to look into the guidelines for transporting a duck into the states

10. Why does she need to be a house duck? It was the one who died that was special needs right? I am confused, it would seem easier to re-home her if you were open to her living outside with other ducks...

Gary

Miss Lydia, DucksOhio and Kkrista123 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: