Anyone in SW PA interested in an order from Countryside Naturals?

tuskajones

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 18, 2007
Sewickley, PA
Hi--I just placed my order for some meat birds for April 15th. I would like to purchase organic feed from Countryside Naturals in VA. The more bags i can order the cheaper the shipping. I probably need only 300# of feed (6 bags). Anyone our there want to order something from them and go in on the shipping?

Thanks!!

Kelly
Sewickley, Pa

I looked into ordering from them too..but shipping to So. Cal was outrageous so I had to pass. Let me know how you like the feed!

HI FLF--They did email me a price list. Poultry layer feed, for a 50# bag, is $19.30/bag for 1-19 bags and then $18.80/bag for 20-39 bags. I like the fact that they mix in the Fertrell's in the broiler feed. These were prices as of November and subject to change of course.

I have not checked but I would assume they don't need to be all the same type of product to get the cheaper shipping rates but I will check further if I get some interested people and verify that.

Let me know if you need any other info!

Kelly

You'll need a minimum of 500# to get it shipped by pallet rather than FedEx, but it's worth it. I had 600# delivered for $110 freight (to TN), the cost stays the same up to 2200#. Depending on how many meat birds you have on order, you may need almost that much for yourself. My 19 standard chicks have gone through nearly 150# of the broiler feed in just 5 weeks, and almost 50# of the starter in 2 weeks.

You are also correct about being able to mix your order. You may even be able to include some of the supplements that they sell. The broiler feed has only 19% protein, so you may want to get some fish meal to go with it since most broiler feed is 20-22%. My guess is that the meat birds will grow more slowly on the lower protein diet -- I guess it depends on perspective whether that's good or bad.

Here is the response from CSN about shipping costs to 15143 and mixing an order up with different products. They have lots of great stuff! Kelly

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Shipping is based on total weight. You can mix as many different

products as you want in one shipment. The larger the shipment, usually the less

it costs per pound of weight to ship the order.

Thanks for asking about shipping. Please call our offices if you have questions,

and to place an order.

Here are estimated shipping costs to zipcode 15143 via FEDEX Ground:

50 lbs. - $16

100 lbs. - $32

200 lbs. - $45

500 lbs. - shipped on a pallet via trucking company at an LTL rate of

approximately $96 (1000 lbs shipped the same way would cost approximately $135)

You won't be disappointed with Countryside's feed. It is good stuff!
I just ordered #1000 worth of feed and soil ammendments and it cost $125 to ship to N.W. Ohio.
Great service on the phone as well!!!
wink.png

You can see thier products here........
http://www.countrysidenatural.com/

Hope this helps.
Mick

HI Mick--Yes I have been pleased with their customer service so far.

How far are you from Pittsburgh? If you are within 2 hours, keep me in mind to tag onto an order with you for the future.

Thanks, Kelly

Hi
I got my order from them last year and let me tell ya, the chickens loved it. My wallet on the other hand did not like the shipping at all. I got a pallet of I believe 10 bags and shipping cost me almost $200 + the feed. I could have died. I could have drove their to pick it up and I am only about 40 mins from you. I was thinking of getting feed for my meat chickens but I have been looking towards Lancaster way and hauling it myself. But let me know when you get an exact price for the feed and if I find anything out I will let you know.
Thanks

Hey Kelly,
I'm in SW Pa, Export. I get my layer local for $12 -50#. I am new at this so forgive my ignorance. Is there a difference in the feed quality you are talking about vs. local ? I believe what i am buying is Buckeye.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom