Anyone into bushcraft, camping, hiking or wildlife survival?

I was just about to start a thread on this lol I love hiking. Camping too but I don’t really do either very often anymore :hit
May I ask why not? My body wouldn’t take it, but I’m trying to feel better. I want to make it to Alaska for a hiking trip to see the northern lights. Been there twice but had a motor home both times. You can call it camping, but not the same as being under the stars.

May I ask why not? My body wouldn’t take it, but I’m trying to feel better. I want to make it to Alaska for a hiking trip to see the northern lights. Been there twice but had a motor home both times. You can call it camping, but not the same as being under the stars.
I don’t have a car anymore so it’s hard to do either. Plus the money for camping. There is a field near me with hiking trails but the trail from my neighborhood isn’t often mowed so we have to go the long way to get there plus I don’t like doing the same trails over and over and over again lol we used to go all the time when I had a car and drove. We being me and the dog.

I don’t have a car anymore so it’s hard to do either. Plus the money for camping. There is a field near me with hiking trails but the trail from my neighborhood isn’t often mowed so we have to go the long way to get there plus I don’t like doing the same trails over and over and over again lol we used to go all the time when I had a car and drove. We being me and the dog.
I like camping with dogs. Don’t require much and can keep you warm at night. Some of my best friends have been dogs. 😀 Hopefully this summer, I will be able to pitch a tent on my property and take the granddaughters on an overnight with a camp fire. If I can keep them from being afraid, I think they will like laying under the stars. I got to get my knee healed from replacement surgery a couple of weeks ago first. My son, who lives about 6 hours away has expressed an interest in going out for a long weekend. I know a few good spots to meet half way. In my opinion, if you have the gear, camping is a fairly inexpensive way to get out and about. As long as my bride stays home to watch our ladies, I think I could escape for a few days. I’m sorry you don’t have a vehicle to take you to new places. That definitely puts a crimp in the idea of getting out and about.

I like camping with dogs. Don’t require much and can keep you warm at night. Some of my best friends have been dogs. 😀 Hopefully this summer, I will be able to pitch a tent on my property and take the granddaughters on an overnight with a camp fire. If I can keep them from being afraid, I think they will like laying under the stars. I got to get my knee healed from replacement surgery a couple of weeks ago first. My son, who lives about 6 hours away has expressed an interest in going out for a long weekend. I know a few good spots to meet half way. In my opinion, if you have the gear, camping is a fairly inexpensive way to get out and about. As long as my bride stays home to watch our ladies, I think I could escape for a few days. I’m sorry you don’t have a vehicle to take you to new places. That definitely puts a crimp in the idea of getting out and about.
Thanks! It definitely stinks but I’m hoping to maybe go with somebody this year. And that sounds fun!! I hope you get to do that!!

Back
Top Bottom