Anyone know what breed my day old chick is?? Pekin?? Or Maran??

True. Maybe Wheaten Marans X Buff Brahma? The penciling on the neck is really what's making me think it.
Her color looks somewhat like that of a Buff Brahma, so I'm wondering if she was crossed with Brahma at some point.

There still maybe a chance she could be pure, but just showing poor color quality.
I don’t think the breeder bred brahams, i just had a look at her website and saw she has something called a quamby which looks like a new heritage breed here in aus that I’d never heard of! However these don’t have fluffy feet and my little beaky does

I don’t think the breeder bred brahams, i just had a look at her website and saw she has something called a quamby which looks like a new heritage breed here in aus that I’d never heard of! However these don’t have fluffy feet and my little beaky does
Quambies don't have feathered feet. Cochin, Brahmas, & some Marans do.

But she maybe Quamby X Wheaten Marans, or something like that.

:caf(Still Waking up)

Quambies don't have feathered feet. Cochin, Brahmas, & some Marans do.

But she maybe Quamby X Wheaten Marans, or something like that.

:caf(Still Waking up)
That’s what I was thinking cause she looks almost identical to the quamby except for those feathered feet so thought she must be crossed with something. I guess she remains a bit of a mystery 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• 3AEED0E7-B815-4233-8C65-CF3FA3DD3699.jpeg
    3AEED0E7-B815-4233-8C65-CF3FA3DD3699.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 3
She started laying a few days ago and this is what she’s laid, I thought it might help identify what she might be? They’re darker in person and the one she laid today is darker then in the photos I just hadn’t taken a pic
9E545049-055D-4053-9C0F-E5D2257415C1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom