Anyone painted their hardware cloth black?

I painted the hc I put over the windows, so not a huge amount, but I spray painted it black before it went up because I had tons of black spray paint. LOL

I wish I had had the time to paint it on the run too, I think it looks so much better. I think it would be less messy to do it before, but easier to do it after. If that makes sense.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.10.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 7.10.53 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
Definitely worth it! Painting it black allows better visibility of your birds. It makes an amazing difference and it's not that difficult to do. Use a roller. Paint both sides. Do this before putting it up. We're in the process of building a new run and we're definitely painting it.
If the value is in being able to see the birds through the wire why bother to paint the inside? I assume the visibility improvement is due to covering the light reflection on the wire?

It has nothing to do with the physical property of the wire, or where the paint is, it's just easier to see through a dark color. Probably the reason that most window screens are dark in color. If you've ever seen an uncoated steel window screen, they are definitely more difficult to see through than a black nylon one.

Thank you for this info! We have a security screen door and my In laws have the same frame, but their screen is black ...it looks much nicer but/and you can see through it much better. We are making a new run for the coop to accommodate more chickens. Black welded wire it is.👍

Back
Top Bottom