Anyone want to lose some weight too? So I'm not starvin' by myself?

Quote:
You mean like milk?
I never would have thought of that! I will try it, though I am sure it is because I have not had chocolate, candy or anything sweet except jello since I started this.
lol.png

I have been very good.

Maybe I should check out the nutritional info on a Kit Kat bar and work it in.

No, i didn't mean milk but I have heard of some milk having that in it. It's a natural supplement that you can get in pill form. Correct spelling...acidophilus. I get mine from the local Health Smart store, it's called Candida Stop. I have seen a lot of foods, yogurt and such advertising having this added.

It's the live cultures in yogurt and yes it is in some drinks..yogurt type drinks. I have the lactobacillus pill form now because of the harsh antibiotics I am to treat my pneumonia which can kill the good and bad bacteria in one's flora, the over the counter probiotics that I'm taking is called Culturelle...30 capsules for $20...take once a day.

http://aboutyogurt.com/index.asp?bid=5

Quote:
You made me tired just reading that. That's a work out if you ask me.

Hugs and hope your friend and her mom get to feeling better soon. My mom will be 5 years clean of cancer this Feb.

gretch

Quote:

Hugs and hope your friend and her mom get to feeling better soon. My mom will be 5 years clean of cancer this Feb.

gretch

HEHE...I am so exhausted sista!! It's a good tired though
smile.png
I love the opportunity to serve others! The mom is doing great and in recovery now Praise the Lord!! My friend, had a serious head injury, 6 inch gash in the top of her head, she is doing good if she can just get her memory, strength, and broken arm back to pre wreck status!! Oh, and now her pneumonia! It's been difficult! She is also a breast cancer survivor! Going on 10 years now, so I figure her mom will be fine too
smile.png
How is your brother? I have read the thread and been praying for you all! God Bless, and thanks for the encouragement...I needed some
wink.png

For the chick peas I usually used canned chick peas, and I have burnt them so now the oven is at 425 not 450.

2 cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1-2 Tbsp olive oil (enough to make the spices stick) or PAM
your favorite spices, in quantity.
some combos are: ginger, garam masala and amchar powder (made from green mangos, very tart)
cumin, chili powder and lime juice
soup or salad dressing mixes

Bake at 425 for 20-30 minutes, and then turn off the oven. They should be crunchy. Sometimes I make them completely crunchy, sometimes I make them so they are sort of soft in the middle.

I also take raw pumpkin seeds, dry roast them in a pan, then add soy sauce and continue on the heat until the soy sauce is dried on the nuts. It is very salty, but the only fat is from the nuts, and it tastes gooooood! Gotta get me some next grocery run.

Quote:

gretch

HEHE...I am so exhausted sista!! It's a good tired though
smile.png
I love the opportunity to serve others! The mom is doing great and in recovery now Praise the Lord!! My friend, had a serious head injury, 6 inch gash in the top of her head, she is doing good if she can just get her memory, strength, and broken arm back to pre wreck status!! Oh, and now her pneumonia! It's been difficult! She is also a breast cancer survivor! Going on 10 years now, so I figure her mom will be fine too
smile.png
How is your brother? I have read the thread and been praying for you all! God Bless, and thanks for the encouragement...I needed some
wink.png

I don't have a brother, perhaps you mean my cousin and his small bowel transplant? That thread? He died but then they got him back. He was in stage 3 rejection (the worst score) but are treating him with chemo and steroids. He got to go home today but only because his dad threw a fit. It's hard to say what the right choice is. The dr.'s want him home because they think the home environment will help him heal but than he's so far away from Georgetown. His wife wants him home but she's got to work now since this is on her insurance but then he'll be closer to his mom and dad. There's been lots of ups and downs but I guess that goes along with transplants. He's still battling pneumonia as well because he aspirated during a procedure. He's like 6' 3" and his weight was 115 but now they have it up to 126. Still nothing by mouth since they have to let his bowel heal. He's been amazingly strong and faithful through out this.

Don't know if you knew but I just got home from the hospital too, spent the weekend there because I have pneumonia too. Tired and my chest hurts and only have 2 more days of antibiotics and I'm a little nervous about it. I'm going to call my dr. tomorrow and let her know my concerns.

On the upside being sick made me loose a couple more pounds. ha ha. Since my heart attack last April I have lost a little over 20 lbs. so far by eating better and exercising at least 3x a week. If that doesn't motivate a person... I don't know what will. It's still hard getting it off though...especially when the meds drop my blood pressure and make me sooo fatigued. blech.

mom's folly... i like that chick pea idea... thanks. I'm going to try it. And I love pumpkin seeds.

Last edited:
Yes, the cousin, I wasn't sure of the relation. I hope the both of you get to feeling better soon! Congrats on the weight loss..heck of a way to do it though
big_smile.png
Let's just try eating right and working out from now on..lol! I hope both of you are better soon!!!!

Paula Jo, Very interesting and informative- Thank you! I havent gotten to do the reading yet, but I will try to work it in sometime. Overloaded with reading for school already so it might be a bit! LOL Do you think organic PB has the same properties?

Quote:
Peanuts, as they are a legume (and a seed) have pyhtic acid. Organic or not.
We are going to start making our own.
Soak the raw nuts in sea salt water for 7-12 hours. Drain and then gently dehydrate at 120 degrees, to retain the good enzymes, and then grind.
I found the tiny nut butter grinder that clips on the edge of tables, cost very little.

Shin splints much improved. I walked slower and concentrated on heel-toe. I tend to be sloppy with my left foot and just let it thunk down however...lol.
I also made sure to not tighted up my legs and point my toes. When I feel a pull I make an effort to loosed up and that worked great. So, I got my 45 mins in today without an OWwwwww!

I was craving something salty and crunchy today so bought a huge bag of pork rinds! No carbs! Woohoo! And the kids wont get into them cause the idea of eating puffed up pig skin makes them ill. So, they are MINE!!! Unlike the yogurt and the fruit and the granola etc. lol

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Back
Top Bottom