What did you use to hold the curtains?? šŸ“ā¤ļø
I used the industrial type stapler and air compressor..I also tacked up my hardware cloth in the run and run roof and skirt all around with it, then used wood screws and rubberized metal gaskets to secure better, but I couldnā€™t have done it without the air compressor stapler..i bought an air compressor after seeing my carpenter use one, and how useful all the tools were! Edit..the ā€œcurtainsā€ are just squares of furoshiki (present wrapping fabric) I got off Amazon..you can get a whole package of mixed designs very cheaply..

I used the industrial type stapler and air compressor..I also tacked up my hardware cloth in the run and run roof and skirt all around with it, then used wood screws and rubberized metal gaskets to secure better, but I couldnā€™t have done it without the air compressor stapler..i bought an air compressor after seeing my carpenter use one, and how useful all the tools were!
I was thinking of attaching curtains the same way, but, then realized I would probably need to wash them and the staples would be a mess šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ“ā¤ļø

When your hens lay varies a lot. Certain breeds might lay earlier or later than others. You can usually find the average time period a breed will lay in but my BR laid eggs super late. One way you can tell if your girls are about to lay is if they squat for you. They usually lay a couple weeks after doing that
Thatā€™s so weird, my Cuckoo Marans have been squatting since they were like eight weeks old!

I was thinking of attaching curtains the same way, but, then realized I would probably need to wash them and the staples would be a mess šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ“ā¤ļø
..yeah..washing..lol..

theyā€™re so cheap Iā€™ll wait for them to deteriorate and take them down, remove staples, and just replace with new patterns for a refresh..! They are Japanese, a custom of wrapping presents in material..

..yeah..washing..lol..

theyā€™re so cheap Iā€™ll wait for them to deteriorate and take them down, remove staples, and just replace with new patterns for a refresh..! They are Japanese, a custom of wrapping presents in material..
Oh thats a great idea. Just replace. Was thinking myself of using a suspension shower curtain! I hate to think of removing the staples and losing one and they eat it or step on it. Iā€™ll post a pic when i decide. Your coop is Amazing btw! šŸ“ā¤ļø

I honestly dont know what that means ā€œif they squat for meā€? Like, when?? They squat when they poop?! Is that similar? Thanks!! šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ“ā¤ļø
No..they make a weird clucky sound, squat, and push up their wings kind of oddly..youā€™ll know it when you see it..! They kind of react to your hand when you pet them there between their wings on their back..maybe it helps steady the rooster there when he is trying to..do his business..it makes me feel weird, I always say ā€œoh honey..you donā€™t have to do that for your papa!ā€ā€¦lol..

Iā€™m seeing ppl write 7 or 8 months..that seems long..mine are 17 weeks this week, I was thinking of uncovering the boarded up laying boxes in the coop..is this too early? I thought I should let them see itā€™s a safe area (6 boxes with Japanese furoshiki material as curtains for 15 ladies) and have a chance to get used to it..
ā€˜I since removed the heater to a different location, I was testing stuff out, these were construction photos..
What kind of chickens do you have??

I honestly dont know what that means ā€œif they squat for meā€? Like, when?? They squat when they poop?! Is that similar? Thanks!! šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļøšŸ“ā¤ļø
They'll get the same position as mating with a rooster. They'll slighty open the wings and put the chest down and the butt up. This will mainly happen when you try to approach her from her back, or you put a handnon her back

(Not my photo)
SAVE_20210803_200034.jpg

Back
Top Bottom