Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

Fancy - Do you have any pictures of your property??? All the background in your photo's just looks wonderful with all the lush green grass etc.
    Hope that's not to personal?

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I can honestly say , that I am very pleased with my coro. I loved my buffs but hecules was the last of that line. I only ended up with one coro hatching over Xmas.
    It is going to be the best fed chick , poor little bugger has 2 mums. They dote on it all day long, I'll try to get some pics. Just hope they don't smother it. It's raining here this morning.

3. Redoliveberry

Redoliveberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    So cute! How many?
    Satay, you must have baby chicks all over the place, and still more to come soon!

4. Megans Chickens

Megans Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Yeh I couldn't bare to do it myself as it's quite a bad rip and all the way down to her nose.. Luckily my friend is a vet so she will put her under anesetic today and do it while she is asleep and give her a numbing needle and some pain relief ect.. Plus it also needs a few stitches!

5. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Luke, there are several pics in my " life at inlet Farm " album. Our place is heritage listed, we often come home and find tourists in the driveway taking pics. ATM we are just trying to keep ahead of the grass, green, yes very green! Our place was built in 1847. Unfortunately it was referred to as the "wreck" when we bought it. It has taken 13 years to restore and get the gardens going.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    lol it's a bit like that here at the moment red. 7 bantie babies and the 2 from bush mumma aussie which i think are australorp x araucana. I have another 2 banties sharing a nest in the duck pen. They have stolen quite a mix of eggs a few turkey, a couple of duck and some banties not sure if any of those will hatch though and my cochins are sitting on eggs too but they seem to being having fertility issues so we will see if any of those hatch.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  7. Redoliveberry

Redoliveberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2013
    Brisbane, Australia
    Baby sussex are here! All 8 eggs hatched.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yay well done red :celebrate

9. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    :love lovely!

10. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

That's terrible Satay. it sure was a stinker. Thank god today feels much better, after the storms which missed us once again.

Megan'schickens. Sorry about your girls comb. I haven't had that happen here either.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by