Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

The dragon fruit are doing well this season.

We tried one of those from Coles and it was awful. To get the kids eating new things we used to do pick whatever you like days :). I've wondered since if maybe they were just green. Reminded me of eating aloe Vera plant (no I don't eat that but once ate with some on my hands ick)

We tried one of those from Coles and it was awful. To get the kids eating new things we used to do pick whatever you like days :). I've wondered since if maybe they were just green. Reminded me of eating aloe Vera plant (no I don't eat that but once ate with some on my hands ick)
That's been my experience, too! Utterly tasteless, and the texture and aroma of a radish. The musk one sounds intruiging, though. I never, ever liked paw paw until I had it off the tree while holidaying on Niue, and it was heavenly. Got back here, and they were horrible again.

Hmm, tasteless fruit when someone else has a different experience always makes me suspect supermarket forced ripening. Right now we're glutted on wild blackberries and strawberries in the front garden, and it's a hell of an experience.

Avocado trees take a looong time to produce fruit...7 years from memory?

I need something that doesn't mind things a bit arid. I don't mind watering lots but it's still very low humidity out here.

Avocado trees take a looong time to produce fruit...7 years from memory?

I need something that doesn't mind things a bit arid. I don't mind watering lots but it's still very low humidity out here.

Yes they do take 7 years - perhaps I should start one now in a pot. Or better yet, two in case it turns out to be male.

My grandmother had a paw paw tree. I'm still in search one a variety that tastes the same with orange flesh.

Steampunked, I certainly wouldn't mind being glutted with blackberries & strawberries right now. Enjoy!

Sounds odd. I would suggest if anyone wants to try them find one at a markets. They should be sweet and juicy. Visions of appps munching down on some aloe vera :lau

Has anyone tried or heard of miracle fruit. They are tiny little fruit similar in size to a small chilli. You chew them up wait a few seconds then chew a lemon and it tastes sweet. They make all sour things taste sweet. I will take a pic next time mine fruits.

Hmm, tasteless fruit when someone else has a different experience always makes me suspect supermarket forced ripening.  Right now we're glutted on wild blackberries and strawberries in the front garden, and it's a hell of an experience.

Yummm.. I grow boysenberries, tried raspberries here for a few years but it was just to hot and they didn't fruit all that well which was a shame. Will make a list later of all the fruit trees we have here as I usually always forget a few.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom