Black bottoms of feet, scales feel weird?

Chickengirl209

Songster
May 30, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Hi all,

Attached are three photos of my Buff Orpintons feet. The first two belong to Circle, the last belongs to Ravenfeather. They are all different feet. Both birds are about 35wks old, and my heaviest birds. I washed Raven's foot well, And Circle's a little, but not deeply.

Circle's foot I think might have bumblefoot, with the scab in the middle (2nd pic). What do you think? Also, is it big enough to treat?
Raven's foot (last pic) I don't think has bumble. I can't feel or see a scab, although with the dark pattern you would think she ripped the skin, but this is not the case as far as I can tell. The skin is like Circle's.
On Circles first foot (1st pic) the scales are dark, almost as if they'd been stained by dirt or something, but the "scales" are rough and kind of seperated. I could pinch one and peel it off, is what it seems like. What is this?
Thanks,
Chickengirl209

@aart
@ChickNanny13
@coach723
@dawg53
@Eggcessive
@Kiki
@Miss Lydia
@Mrs. K
@nuthatched
@Ridgerunner
@rosemarythyme
@U_Stormcrow
@Wyorp Rock

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_5716.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5716.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 33
  • thumbnail_IMG_5717.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5717.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 14
  • thumbnail_IMG_5718.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_5718.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Hi all,

Attached are three photos of my Buff Orpintons feet. The first two belong to Circle, the last belongs to Ravenfeather. They are all different feet. Both birds are about 35wks old, and my heaviest birds. I washed Raven's foot well, And Circle's a little, but not deeply.

Circle's foot I think might have bumblefoot, with the scab in the middle (2nd pic). What do you think? Also, is it big enough to treat?
Raven's foot (last pic) I don't think has bumble. I can't feel or see a scab, although with the dark pattern you would think she ripped the skin, but this is not the case as far as I can tell. The skin is like Circle's.
On Circles first foot (1st pic) the scales are dark, almost as if they'd been stained by dirt or something, but the "scales" are rough and kind of seperated. I could pinch one and peel it off, is what it seems like. What is this?
Thanks,
Chickengirl209

@aart
@ChickNanny13
@coach723
@dawg53
@Eggcessive
@Kiki
@Miss Lydia
@Mrs. K
@nuthatched
@Ridgerunner
@rosemarythyme
@U_Stormcrow
@Wyorp Rock
Contact Dermatitis.

Tricide Neo would probably be the best treatment to use.
Keep the bird on clean dry bedding.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/strange-growths-on-roosters-feet.1597703/#post-27162557

Back
Top Bottom