Blue Double Laced Barnevelders - Does anyone have birds or pictures?

I saw Greenfire farms listed earlier this year but now they are completely off their site. Anybody know what happened and if they will have them next spring?

I saw Greenfire farms listed earlier this year but now they are completely off their site. Anybody know what happened and if they will have them next spring?

I noticed that too. I got some hatching eggs from a lady in Florida that hand picked her BDLB stock from Greenfire. Maybe she bought them all? lol I got 3 beautiful babies from her! The parents have beautiful double lacing.

Here's one of the babies I hatched. Below is a picture of the parents.

The lady has be awesome and very helpful to me.
I will be willing to sell some eggs in the spring. I have 8 more babies growing out from a different line and one more other line fixing to go in the incubator. I will be culling furiously for the best stock I can manage.

Mine came from blue house farm in NC. Someone bought all my blacks which looked like mostly boys. All I have left is a splash and a blue pullet and a blue male. Here are some pics of the group when they were all together.

Wow you have a lot to work with. That's good. I will be getting more to work with next year. I will post pics of how they are turning out a little later.

I love them! I'd like to see the splash when it matures. I am hoping that this hatch does good but they are shipped eggs and made a long trip so I'll be happy if even one hatches lol. I wish I could get pics of how they feather out as they grow. I'd like to see how their lacing evolves as they mature.

They are so cute! Mine are just little now. The ones I got at the auction are a little older than the ones I hatched and I cant wait for them to grow up!

Back
Top Bottom