Blue Fawn X White Call?

Rosecomb-Ryan

East Indie Crazed
11 Years
Apr 12, 2008
Sacramento CA
My friend Gave me 4 call duck eggs 4 weeks ago tommorow... The female is white the male is Blue Fawn. I have one little duckling (Looks Blue Fawn) and the other 3 eggs are pipping (One has began zipping) What color are these kids gonna be?

Wish me Luck!
fl.gif

Ryan

Lol... My little cousin is here and she watched the baby hatch through the top of the bator she thought it was so amazing
big_smile.png
I love it! She is now deciding on a name for this little child.... I never knew Call Duckling were so dang cute! Their little Bills and tiny bodys... The mom and Dad are VERY nice ducks so mine might be nice but no idea on color lol.

(Says to myself)
I am not keeping them
I am Not keeping them
I am NOT keeping them

Oh well I guess they can stay hehe

OMG, I know! Like 100+ on the cuteness scale! Our little butterscotch, who was hatched here, is just the most adorable thing ever! Her parents come from good lines so we are just waiting to see how she turns out, but really she is a pet. That is awsome that your niece gets to watch, how much fun! I know when Pigeon (that's her name) was hatching the kids were glued to the bator. She needed a lot of help, so they really got to be more involved than normal. And isn't there always room for more ducks..?
lol.png
Just think about how little those bantams eat..

Lol I culled through my scovys last week and I have tons to sell I am keeping 9 hens and a drake (No need for so many) So if you want some PM me! Maybe we can meet in OR

Well all 4 hatched (2 Blue Fawn and 2 Greys.) No whites! Will these guys be possibly Pied? Or no. Or are they like chickens... Dominant white and recessive white..?

Ryan

That is great news! I have to go introduce a chick to its mother and I expect there to be pics when I come back... (JK) Kind of.
smile.png

Quote:
No, they won't be Pied (unless they got a hidden copy of the Pied gene from their White parent - but that would be obvious, you'd see the Pied pattern on them right now). They'll just be Blue Fawn and Grey. White is recessive in ducks - they'd need a copy of the gene from each parent to hatch out white. In Muscovies, white is incompletely dominant, so you could get Pied ducklings from a White x Solid color mating, but not in the Mallard-derived breeds.

The ducklings you hatched will be carrying a copy of the recessive white gene though - if you breed them together next year, you should get 25% white ducklings.
smile.png

And congrats on the hatch! Awesome job, considering how hard Calls are supposed to be to hatch!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Perfect. So what if I breed them to a white? Then I will get more white ducklings?

I have NEVER hatched a Call duck... This is a first for me and gosh they are cute little thing..

I will get pics up tommorow!

Back
Top Bottom