Breeding Aseels

Pics
How often should birds be dewormed? I haven’t dewormed my birds in 2 years and non of them have been badly affected by worms accept for one which I slaughtered when it was not doing well.
Deworm only as needed. Needed for me defined by bird having serious health issue associated with high worm burden. Propholactic dewormer treatment is a short-term fix that promotes resistance of worms to dewormer being used. Perfect examples of that can be seen in health subforum where dewormers have been used on a regular basis and sometimes routinely in an effort to keep worm burdens to zero. When a breeding program has birds in an environment normally rich with worms and the worm burden is kept low by deworming over generations, odds are the chicken line will be susceptable to worms if dewormer use is ceased.

The only time we (family) use a dewormer outside treating a major health threat is when the birds are confined and being conditioned for "show". Per one of your earlier statements, you do not show in that context, but I assume you do the pretty bird shows

Hen back in lay and stag covering her. Hatching-egg collection resumed. Nest box will be put out early tomorrow morning so hen can brood these herself.

The incubator hatched chicks where just moved into the second stage brooder. First stage is a 40-gallon aquarium and the second stage is a 92-gallon fiber glass tank. The two Aseel chicks are doing well. Looks one male and one female.

Rampur Reza Aseel / Asil appears to be the full name of my male side. I am having a real hard time distilling what a pure Reza type Aseel looks like. It appears bankovid type games have introgressed into many aseel in Pakistan and India. It is not just Aseel types being bred into the western bankovid type games. Two-way exchange.

Last edited:
In my area the standard for pure Aseel for example rampuri is for them to have tails which are downwards or straight not upwards. I can see that your hens tail is facing upward, in your area is there a different standard?
Yes her tail is set above horizontal but this is just a minor fault as some will carry there tail like this. It doesn’t mean that she’s not Aseel

DDBB36F8-8F55-4D53-80DF-F5871E79645F.jpeg

FFA57227-9EA2-4A43-BD0C-EE36C7CDC243.jpeg

40FFC649-0F39-4324-BDFC-C8A3132E2DB5.jpeg

I’ve never seen a chicken with a crooked beak before, but a little googling indicates it happens sometimes. The upper beak is much larger and more curved than the lower beak and the lower beak is undersized. The upper beak is bent slightly to the right. Too bad, this one is otherwise my favorite. Hopefully it won’t get any worse. Anything I need to do to fix it now or do I have to let nature take its course? It would actually be a cool mutation if it stays like it is and doesn’t become more crooked.

Rampur Reza Aseel / Asil appears to be the full name of my male side. I am having a real hard time distilling what a pure Reza type Aseel looks like. It appears bankovid type games have introgressed into many aseel in Pakistan and India. It is not just Aseel types being bred into the western bankovid type games. Two-way exchange.
From what I can tell you are saying that people are cross breeding other breeds into Pakistani and Indian aseel breeds, if so then what you are sayings is right, I have seen people cross breed Pakistani aseels with other breeds from other countries, breeds like Thai game, Ga Noi, Shamo, Kandhari, and misri.

Back
Top Bottom