Brodee passed away today...RIP Ch. Davmoor Vision Keeper :(

Quote:
Thank you! He will surely be missed...he was a wonderful dog and a good boy.
hit.gif

It is not fair ! He was not anywhere near you and now he is gone ?
hit.gif

No way !
hit.gif

Some one sends you ashes ????
I would have severe issues facing the fact that he was indeed gone...or was he stolen ?
hit.gif

My brother's bull terrier out at show with a handler came back missing...never to be seen from again, stolen !
A spuds McKenzie look alike... we all know he was sold off to a puppy mill to spend his days fertilizing females....
hit.gif

Oh you have my condolences RF!!!!!
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thank you!
smile.png
He was such a big, dorky dog. A real goofball...he didn't know he was supposed to chase cats or not like water? LOL

DSCN1514.jpg

DSCN1519.jpg

Him and Nelly (aka Chubs) in front of our wood stove:

BrodeeandChubs.jpg

I'm just glad I have literally HUNDREDS of photos to remember him by...I've been going through them the last hour and smiling through the tears...

Quote:
Thank you....

I have saved this email for years and I just read it now...and it does make sense...although it makes me cry harder...I'm not sure if it's true or not....but it has a wonderful message that is in someway, comforting...

Being a veterinarian, I had been called to examine a ten year old Irish Wolfhound named Belker.
The dogs owners, and their little boy were all very attached to Belker and they were hoping for a miracle.

I examined Belker and found he was dying of cancer. I told the family there were no miracles left for Belker and offered to perform the euthanasia procedure for the old dog in their home.
As we made arrangements, they told me they thought it would be good for their four year old son to observe the procedure. They felt as though he might learn something from the experience.

Within a few minutes, Belker slipped peacefully away. The little boy seemed to accept Belkers transition without any difficulty or confusion.

We sat together for a while after Belker's death wondering aloud about the sad fact that animal lives are shorter than human lives. The little boy who had been listening quietly piped up “I know why”

Startled, we all turned to him. What came out of his mouth next stunned me, id never heard a more comforting explanation.

He said “people are born so that they can learn how to live a good life - - like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?” The four year old continued, “well dogs already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay as long.”

Back
Top Bottom