Just use the heat plate?

• Yes

Votes: 18 94.7%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
Thank you for your comments, this thread has been very helpful.
Your welcome!
The brooder plate is great because you can replicate day and night for them. If you are using the light bulb for light only, then make sure to turn it off at night to give them a day and night cycle.

Enjoy the babies!

Your welcome!
The brooder plate is great because you can replicate day and night for them. If you are using the light bulb for light only, then make sure to turn it off at night to give them a day and night cycle.

Enjoy the babies!
Will do for sure! The day/night cycle and we are certainly enjoying them!

Found this thread today. Im new to chickens and my chicks are starting to hatch. I have a heating plate for them and I think it is low enough for them to touch. I stuck my hand underneath to feel the one chick under it and it feels like it can touch. The chick is quiet so is it ok? I carefully put its beak in the water before putting the chicken under the plate. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks

Found this thread today. Im new to chickens and my chicks are starting to hatch. I have a heating plate for them and I think it is low enough for them to touch. I stuck my hand underneath to feel the one chick under it and it feels like it can touch. The chick is quiet so is it ok? I carefully put its beak in the water before putting the chicken under the plate. Am I doing anything wrong? Thanks
It sounds perfect!

You will need to raise the brooder as the chicks grow

Back
Top Bottom