Bubbly eye

Muffinburgler

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 8, 2012
Watsonville, CA
My easter egger has had a very foamy, bubbly eye for a few weeks now. She's had this happen once before, a few months back, but it was gone in a few days so when it happened again we didn't worry. But now it's gone on for so long, we're stumped as to what's causing it.

She's not wheezing, she's not having trouble breathing. Her eye is clear and she can see things, she's as energetic as always. Everything's fine except for her foamy, slightly swollen eyeball. What could cause this without hurting her? No one else in the flock has this either.

My easter egger has had a very foamy, bubbly eye for a few weeks now. She's had this happen once before, a few months back, but it was gone in a few days so when it happened again we didn't worry. But now it's gone on for so long, we're stumped as to what's causing it.

She's not wheezing, she's not having trouble breathing. Her eye is clear and she can see things, she's as energetic as always. Everything's fine except for her foamy, slightly swollen eyeball. What could cause this without hurting her? No one else in the flock has this either.
It sounds like Mycoplasma Gallisepticum (MG.) You can purchase tylan 50 injectable and inject 1/2cc into her breast muscle once a day for 3 days. There's a 7 days withdrawal period after using the tylan injectable. Your other option is to cull her.

I have a silkie rooster that off and on has one bubbly eye(he has had this since i purchased him at 2 weeks and he is now over 2 years)in his case it is not a disease or virus(vet checked)but possibly a blocked lubricating duct. I have tried him on different meds and none work,so what i do is clean eye and apply antibiotic eye ointment(polysporin 2 antibiotics eye ointment for sties). Incidences of bubbly eye are becoming fewer and fewer so hopefully whatever the issue is,it is clearing up.

Last edited:

Trying to decide what this is thinking it may be MG But there is no drainage at all just a hard knot ??? Popped up about 3 weeks ago didn't know it was this bad til yesterday she was soaked from all the rain and that huge crest wasn't hiding it as well

Back
Top Bottom