Building a Mother's day Memory... A Chicken Coop! ( PICS )

ARose4Heaven

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Flippin, AR
We are building a Chicken Coop! She's 71 years old and 98 pounds soaking wet. I am over 50 years old and over twice her size. We are using recycled materials that she selvaged from a 14x64 Mobile home that she disassembled all by herself.

We started from the ground--- up.

28261_coop_roofer.jpg

It will have all-season gable end vents. Both sides also have vents all along the length that will have hinged covers for winter and foul weather. There is a full length window beside where the people door will be. The whole thing will be wrapped in recycled siding from that infamous mobile home.

28261_coop_tin_side.jpg

Last edited:
Love the picture of mom on the roof! Unless your mom falls of the roof, she should live to be 100.

I remember when my mom came to stay with me when she was around 85. She was a cleaning nut (really! LOVED to clean). I came home one day and a neighbor commented that she had seen my mother ON THE ROOF OF MY TWO STORY HOUSE that day sweeping off the pine straw. I had to draw the line on that one as I pictured coming home and finding her thin little legs with her baggy knee socks lying in the azaleas, having fallen off the roof (broom still in hand, I'm imagine).

Mom lived to be 95 and passed away last fall. She was born in Belgium and I can remember her stories about her father raising chickens and racing pigeons. One of the reasons I'm so interested in the mille fleur breed of chicken which originated in Belgium.

Gail

I will post some more pics later in the day.

My Mom is the best! She has beaten breast cancer, skin cancer, ovarian cancer and now has emphysema. Plus, she is the sole caregiiver for her husband who has very unpredictable diabetes, severe dementia and multiple personality disorder.

Back
Top Bottom