Bumblefoot?

Pics
Hi just catching up on this situation. I feel like if there is a hole from removing the infectious “plug”, that maybe packing the wound and doing wet to dry dressing changes to debride old stuff —till healthy fills in. You pack with moist, then it dries and when you pull dry dressing off, dead tissue comes with it. If you just cover a hole up, infection can re- accumulate. This is what we do in humans with infectious sores/ ulcers. Then it heals from the inside out.

Okay more good news, I did surgery on Magnoila's other foot and it went really well (couldn't get pictures because it was dark out when i got done) i just have to do surgery on Josephine and the two hens now. Cotton's foot is pretty much completely healed from her little surgery. Just doing soaking and iodine got rid of Pearl's bumblefoot. For the other 5 ducks just soaking and iodine should get rid of their bumble, i might have to take off a couple of scabs but they're minor :D

Okay more good news, I did surgery on Magnoila's other foot and it went really well (couldn't get pictures because it was dark out when i got done) i just have to do surgery on Josephine and the two hens now. Cotton's foot is pretty much completely healed from her little surgery. Just doing soaking and iodine got rid of Pearl's bumblefoot. For the other 5 ducks just soaking and iodine should get rid of their bumble, i might have to take off a couple of scabs but they're minor :D

That is great to hear! Awesome job! :thumbsup :hugs

:wee:weeGreat to hear!!!

Back
Top Bottom