BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I also like them just baked with NOTHING on them - and they are good for you.

2. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Morning! Waiting on the coffee. Need some this am as I was rudely awakened last night by the kitten bringing me his mouse that he caught into my bed, ON MY HEAD AND PILLOW! Freakout time.... not bear worthy heart material, just gross out eeewwww! So I took the dead mouse and tossed it outside and maybe he will get the hint. Alright, I am getting my coffee and starting chores. I will write the recipe when I come in from the rain later on. Have a good one!

3. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Eeeewwwwwww!!!!

4. scottcaddy

scottcaddy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Hi Margie, I was going to ask you when this was posted, but life got in the way (critters going thru their fence to visit other critters) Is your 3rd Son the 11 year old? I have lost track of your son's somehow.
    Scott

5. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Um, how about the recently graduated 18 yr old. The 4th son, 11 yr old, moved downstairs into the bottom bedroom. He was concerned about the move with the bedtime story routine and how it might get messed up if we were not on the same level. All is well. I enjoy the stories that we are reading. [​IMG] [​IMG] Not raining yet, but I did get the coop rearranged yet again and the babies are all out in the coop and the meaties have a bigger feeder.

6. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Oh man. So landlord has his son/grandkids over and they're wandering the property. Fair enough...

...turns out one of the kids is rather afraid of dogs. Oh dear. My poor pup will go into lockdown.

7. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan

Nice :sick. My cat hasn't done that to me yet, however she did wake me one night with a crunching noise...I woke to find her busily eating the mouse head. And why is that the part they eat first? I have found more decapitated animals... Our other cat, who must be 20 years old now, and quite frankly, should have kicked the bucket already, was quite the hunter when he was younger. I found him outside one day, tormenting a mouse or shrew or something. I told him to,leave it alone and come in the house. He's a cat, so of course he listened to me (what was I thinking?). He looked right at me and then bit it's head off!

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Brains are high in nutrients.

9. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    I would have assumed it was the 'crunch' factor.

10. prostar

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Jelly like center?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by