BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Oh man. So upset to be working. Want to be repairing the coop damage....rain cut through a bunch. Sigh.

2. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Well, at least you got some rain..... granted it is probably already long gone....
    My neighbor left a giant soccer ball sized puffball on my steps this AM, so I guess it is puffball pizza crust entrees tonight. My little guy was heading off to spend the night with a friend and was bummed to miss dinner so I sent half of it with him. LOL! What are friends for, right?
    (I actually called the Mom and asked if she wanted it.) She runs a Nature Center for kids so she is game for trying new things and did not think it was weird. Phew! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Eggsie, that's right - more $$$ for us [​IMG] 0 for Sour.

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Okay [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Eggsie, I thought you would have worked out the mock up for the cat food labels. You are the artistic.

6. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Here you go.... link to the soup. It still is not raining.
    I will add chicken/pork or corn or black beans or whatever greens need to get used, leftover Italian sauce, tomatoes, quinoa
    Basically the soup is a base for whatever I feel like adding, sometimes spicy, sometimes not.

http://chefmichaelsmith.com/recipe/southwestern-sweet-potato-soup/

2 people like this.
  7. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Margie soup is meant to be experimental! ;)

Ugh. Tossed the rake through the coop and run to get the worst of the debris out. No point putting down shavings or anything til it dries out more. Still pretty gross.

8. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    It's the little x's in the mouse eyes that is the hang up. I want to get the crunchy goodness to be evident without the hint of poisoning.

9. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    That really sounds like good soup Margie, thanks for sharing the recipe. So far (knock on wood) our sweet potato plants are really taking off. I'll definitely try the soup with some of our potatoes!

10. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Good morning all (or good afternoon / good evening depending on where in this fine world you might be!)

So we are half way through Winter here, and when I look out my window I can see blue skies. This sounds ideal until you step out into the wind, at which point all your fingers turn blue from the cold! It is what I would call 'bitterly' cold here at the moment, the type of cold where when you run inside (who am I kidding, WALK inside!) and stand in front of the wood fire, your fingers feel like they're burning as you come back to regular body temperature!

I am having a quiet day here today. Hubby is away at work all day and I just have some little house chores to do. We are well settled in but this is a really lonely place to live, far away from all of my family and friends. I am trying to look into social clubs and that sort of thing, with the hope that I might make a friend or two in the area. I have never been one to want hundreds of friends, I like to have one or two who are into the same things I am (cake, chickens - live ones, cats - again, preferably live and quite home life). Just someone to meet for a cuppa and a chat would be nice. You know - like our little BYC Café, but in my home town [​IMG]

Otherwise, all is well in my little corner.

Krista x

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by