BYC Café

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KingOfFools, Jan 23, 2015.

1. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Happy birthday to all you July babies.

2. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    ha ha if I count all my animals then I have lots of friends, must just learn to speak chook, can do dog and cat quite well though[​IMG]

3. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Wild Kingdom report-
    So my youngun and I have been watching this small black wasp build a nest outside the kitchen window all Spring. It started with a speck and one round layer and she kept adding layers and it was getting bigger and then she had babies and they started working on it until it was the size of a softball. Very cool to watch this happen! Today I am out there turning on the hose to water the chooks and I notice some paper layers dangling and I look and find that the Yellowjacket wasps are chewing the nest down and the owners are gone. I don't particularly like yellowjackets because they sting for no reason at all, just ornery creatures they are. There is also a raven eating a rabbit in my driveway. Score one for the birds, game tied!

4. MissWiggles

MissWiggles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2015
    UP of Michigan
    Happy birthday Krista!. I hope you get whatever you are wishing for.:ya

5. Mtn Margie

Mtn Margie Overrun With Chickens

Apr 7, 2010
    CO Rockies - 8600ft up
    Making noodles for dinner here. Not much going on. Took the kitten to the vet for his second round of shots and he still likes riding in the truck. Goofy cat, just does not seem to mind anything, except the vacuum- not a big fan....
    Take it easy!

6. N F C

N F C More coffee please! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
  7. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    Speaking of cats...my neighbor's cat is afraid of my chickens lol.

The girls have been free ranging around our yard. It's fenced, they don't seem inclined to hop the fence so yay. The neighbor was out doing feedings (one of her horses is also unsure of the chickens....fine with partridges and turkeys but chickens are just TOO MUCH!) and the ladies went right up to the fence checking out the cat on the other side...who proceeded to crouch down, fluff up, and then dash up a tree in terror lol. This neighbor also enjoys watching the chickens lol. She's awesome. Now if only she and my landlord could just play nice, I'd have a chicken watcher. Oh well.

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Chickens turning the table on cats - hmm I LOVE it!!

9. krista74

krista74 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2014
    Victoria, Australia.
    Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes.

I had a fairly quiet day, but a good one none the less.

There was cake. Of course. [​IMG]

Don't worry - I ate a slice for all of you!

Krista x

10. whoop whoop

whoop whoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2015
    Rainbow Nation
    Just thought I show you this, not sure who is checking who.. poor Beast is too fat to get in...

[​IMG]

By the way my daughter is off on her fancy weekend wth the fancy boyfriend.... got to re do the hair tonight because it was just a temporary colour. Wish me luck after last time not at all sure I want to go thru this again and its purple this time [​IMG] but if its gets me grandchildren I am game...lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by