1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Cackling Ranch: Hatching Eggs Thread

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by CacklingRanch, Nov 30, 2018.

1. CacklingRanch

CacklingRanch Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    Texas
    Current eggs available are out of my 2018** pullets: Older hens have stopped for the season.**
    Flock is PT/AI clean - NPIP has been sent off and is pending. Accidentally let it lapse.
    Fertility is guaranteed. Hatching is not. Once the eggs leave my property it is up to the post office to get them to you without a whole lot of damage.

• Boxes are adorned with "FRAGILE" "LIVE EMBRYO" "HATCHING EGGS" and "DO NOT XRAY" - "THIS SIDE UP" also available -- All boxes will be marked "HOLD FOR PICK UP" with your information unless otherwise stated. It is safer on the embryos to not be on the truck during routes.
    • Delays at the post office are at no fault of the shipper.
    • Damaged and defective boxes are at no fault of the shipper. Pictures of the damaged and defective boxes must be taken AT THE POST OFFICE in front of a postal worker. Will claim damages and resend.
    • Eggs are shipped Monday - Thursday*.
    • Eggs are carefully wrapped, secured, and double boxed. Standard flat rate shipping for 12 eggs is typically $15. Overnight available at shippers cost.
    • Eggs are collected 2x daily, weather depending**, and unwashed***.
    *Friday and Saturday shipments MUST have overnight payment to ensure quick delivery.*
    **If weather has been bad / raining and eggs are particularly muddy we will not ship and will postpone orders. Hens do not know to wipe their feet before entering nesting boxes.*
    **Over the summer when it's unseasonably hot we make sure to get out and collect eggs several times a day.*
    **On particularly cold days eggs are only collected once, I do not fare well in cold weather.*
    ***We do not wash hatching eggs to protect the bloom. We do not send 'dirty' eggs. They may occasionally have shavings, poo, or mud stuck to them. Hens do not know to wash their feet.

Chicks and adult birds occasionally available.
    See our Facebook or website for a complete list of breeds:
    www.facebook.com/cacklingranch
    OR
    www.katescacklingranch.wixsite.com/orumpoultry

**Side note. Will not be able to travel to meet locals for a couple of weeks due to being in my final week(s) of pregnancy.**

Located in Trinity, TX

I'll Fly Away likes this.
  2. CacklingRanch

CacklingRanch Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    Texas
    12+ Black Australorp
    $45
    Australorp cockerel3.jpg Australorp.jpg Australorp2.jpg Australorps.jpg Australorps2.jpg Australorps3.jpg

Njroosters likes this.
  3. CacklingRanch

CacklingRanch Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    Texas
    12+ Silver Spangled Hamburg
    $40/shipped

Hamburg.jpg Hamburg2.jpg Hamburg3.jpg Hamburg4.jpg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  4. frizzlelove83

frizzlelove83 Chirping

Mar 19, 2015
    how much for the hamburgs

5. CacklingRanch

CacklingRanch Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    Texas
    Apologies I thought I included that. I’ll update it now. $40/shipped

6. Cut-&-Shoot

Cut-&-Shoot In the Brooder

Jul 24, 2018
    Cut-&-Shoot, TX
    Are the Hamburgs still available? Could I pick them up to avoid the shipping?

7. CacklingRanch

CacklingRanch Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    Texas
    I have 10 right now I literally just filled the incubator with several dozen. I can have more by tomorrow or the next day. Girls are laying solid.

I can meet you, PM me and we will work out details.

8. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    Hello! :frow
    Do you have any more pictures of your D'Uccles? All varieties. I might be interested in some eggs in the spring.
    Also, not to upset you, but their country of origin is Belgium. Your website states they originate from the United States of America.

9. CacklingRanch

CacklingRanch Songster

Apr 20, 2017
    Texas
    I know they’re from Belgium. I don’t know why the website has them listed that way but I need to jump over and correct it. Likely from when I was copying and pasting paragraphs to keep all pages identical. Proof reading fail.

I just got some pictures of some of the Mille Fleur the other day. I need to get more of the GS and the Mottled but I haven’t had time. There is a hen in there that could be considered “calico” but she’s out of the MF lines.

I’m in my last few days of pregnancy so getting the birds out for pictures right now is not an easy feat.

2A870CFB-9018-43C3-BDD7-A11CEFD070FC.jpeg 7D113E1E-9A4D-44AC-8572-65545257084B.jpeg E83BA7C4-B179-4493-A8BD-218EF56DBA81.jpeg 68CF073B-D0B5-475E-9271-48F5D8B2B9C1.jpeg 19B47DFC-5FB0-4983-ADA6-527DFA0EB7C6.jpeg FC9B9C89-50A3-4210-B48C-1BCE217142F8.jpeg

10. Cyprus

Cyprus Master of the 'never give up' attitude

Jan 19, 2018
    SE Wisconsin
    My Coop
    Thank you! Don't stress yourself unnecessarily. The birds should still be there after you have your baby :)

CacklingRanch likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: