"Calie's" Kittens Are Here! - LOTS OF PICS**

DouglasPeeps

Songster
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Colorado
My children each got their own kitten last summer. Well, of course, they were in heaven! My DD's cat got run-over by a car 2 days before Christmas. I know this happens, but this was her first cat and she was just devastated. Even though we talked about this happening especially because of the predators we have here, it didn't make it any easier. About 3 days after Christmas, a friend ours needed to get rid of one of her cats (she had too many) So, even though this was a very sad time for our DD, she was happy to have another cat to love. She named her "Calie", obviously for the calico markings. Well, Calie didn't waste anytime getting pregnant. I was pretty sure that just after a month that she was pregnant. My DD was estatic. So for the last 2 months, we have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of her kittens. They were born a week ago today, but here are the pictures on the day they were born. They are actually all spoken for, but my DD wants to keep them all. She is soo sweet!

This is Calie the day before she had the kittens.
CaliesKittens001.jpg

CaliesKittens004.jpg

CaliesKittens027.jpg

CaliesKittens008.jpg

CaliesKittens006.jpg

CaliesKittens028.jpg

Last edited:
I totally love calico cats - they just seem to make any house they are around feel like a "country" home.
I love that last pic - poor little one ate to much and just fell right out

Julie

Kittens are my weak spot, so thanks for the adorable photos. But I hope you've already made an appointment for her to get spayed. There may not be too many open homes for kittens the next time around.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. Same thing happened out at my grandma's, but I dont know where the kittens are! The momma doesnt like people, so she's hiding them somewhere.

We haven't had this cat long, so I was a little surprised that she had them so out in the open.

When I was a kid, our cat would always have her litter of kittens in the lawn mower bag. We didn't see them for at least 2 weeks, but we could hear them.

I really love the little grey and white ones!

The momma cat here is pure black, and the daddy is black and white, so I dont expect a lot of color choices,lol. I really want an Orange Striped one, but Im not counting on it! The momma was born in the woodpile, so that is where I think she has her babies. We'll see in a few weeks when they start to roam.

When we moved to Greyfields, we got 12 additional cats free with the house. We have a "Callie" too. And she had grey kittens as well (unitl we got her fixed). I wonder how many duplicate pet names we have here?

Back
Top Bottom