California - Northern

Quote: Blue is just a dilution of black. I would imagine you could use the Black Copper Standard to guage your flock, though in place of black, you would have blue. I do know that blue is a difficult color to master as a breeder. But I do not work with Marans, so you would get better advise from the folks on the Marans thread.

Last edited:
100% on my first serama hatch.
bun.gif
So soothing after some disastrous hatches. Just a tad of an assist and all looks well! Now to see who ends up being frizzle
tongue.png

Blue is just a dilution of black. I would imagine you could use the Black Copper Standard to guage your flock, though in place of black, you would have blue. I do know that blue is a difficult color to master as a breeder. But I do not work with Marans, so you would get better advise from the folks on the Marans thread.
Thank you Happy Chooks :) I finally put it on the marans thread. Hopefully I'll find out soon. I just really like my roo but I'm hoping his hackle feathers aren't a problem.

No, the qualifier for white is this year, but hasn't happened yet.

Showgirls are going for qualifation this year too! In Tennessee I think?? Somewhere too far for me To go.
You would think it would be faster in getting the varieties approved. And that's way too far for me too :)

Thank you Happy Chooks :) I finally put it on the marans thread. Hopefully I'll find out soon. I just really like my roo but I'm hoping his hackle feathers aren't a problem.

You would think it would be faster in getting the varieties approved. And that's way too far for me too :)
Getting into the APA or APB is not easy or fast. It never has been. How long did it take to get Ameraucanas accepted? 20 years?

Last edited:
Nikon - it's called a fart egg.  A whoopsie in the egg factory.  They usually don't have a yolk, though I got one that was yolk only (no white).  I keep mine.
Haha ok this is gross but my daughter (7) has had a fart egg in her little jewelry box for over a year no joke. It doesn't even smell. I think it didn't have a yolk and the white probably evaporated out? Who knows but whatever haha

I posted earlier that I was putting rat traps out in my bantam run at night. The first night 1 of the traps was sprung but no rat.

We just got back from town and I went out to close up the coops. I went in reverse order tonight and was surprised with what I saw eating from the feeder. It is a skunk not rats that is cruising the run at night. Looks like I need a bigger trap, there's no way it is going to fit in my little squirrel trap!

I'm so glad it can't get into the coop! Just to make sure I'll toss a cracked egg in the run.

I was gonna say your gonna need a bigger boat...
( and dawn soap baking soda a and a fresh new bottle of hydrogen peroxide)
I posted earlier that I was putting rat traps out in my bantam run at night. The first night 1 of the traps was sprung but no rat.

We just got back from town and I went out to close up the coops. I went in reverse order tonight and was surprised with what I saw eating from the feeder. It is a skunk not rats that is cruising the run at night. Looks like I need a bigger trap, there's no way it is going to fit in my little squirrel trap!

I'm so glad it can't get into the coop! Just to make sure I'll toss a cracked egg in the run.

Back
Top Bottom