California - Northern

hide.gif
I would need a much larger place to hatch though....Do children really ever move out these days....
They actually do eventually! At least 5 of my 6 have! (Monet is still in the stage where she wants to live with me forever! I'm counting the days until that ends and enjoying it while she still likes me!) My 21 year old son moved out last summer so guess where my brooder and incubator are?!!! I told him that once he moves out, the chickens were moving in so it was a no return deal!

Where's the best place to show everyone all my new babes? I could make my own thread, but I wanna show all my local peeps but also don't want to photo own this thread?

Heres a sneak peek:

Thanks, Ron! They are gorgeous!! So you don't know what they could be? hahah?? I have mutants!! lol Have you seen BA's lay that color egg?
They are in coops unable to see each other right now... Will that be a major problem? When I do put them in, do I do it at night when the other ladies are roosted?
Many diseases are airborne, so it is best that they are not close enough that they can see each other. Be sure not to wear the same shoes and clothing when feeding both groups of birds. Diseases can be spread that way also.

Pretty birds and so lucky to have someone care so much about them
big_smile.png

Is there anyone in the Oakland/Berkeley area selling 1-3 day old chicks? Our broody hen only hatched 2 out of 12 eggs and we want to slip a few more chicks under her before she gives up. We're not picky about breeds. Hoping to avoid driving out to Alamo or Mike's for hatchery chicks.

Is there anyone in the Oakland/Berkeley area selling 1-3 day old chicks? Our broody hen only hatched 2 out of 12 eggs and we want to slip a few more chicks under her before she gives up. We're not picky about breeds. Hoping to avoid driving out to Alamo or Mike's for hatchery chicks.
I just hatched a ton of babies! Too bad I'm all the way in mt Shasta;(

Last edited:
I have a lethargic chick who hatched late last night, he was the last to hatch. The yolk had not absorbed when he hatched so he spent last night in the incubator in a cup, it seemed to be absorbed this morning. He was all sticky so I soaked & dried him this morning, the fluff is ok now. However I don't see him eating and drinking like the others. I tried to feed him a mash of save-a-chick, crushed chick starter, and sugar but he only took a little. I think I feel food in his crop. Any ideas?
I posted this last night... any suggestions on what might be ailing this lethargic chick? They are on medicated feed and have electrolytes in their water.

Back
Top Bottom