California - Northern

Depends on where you live. If you live in Redding you go around saying "Real Northern California is north of Red Bluff." Chico "Northern California is north of the Bay and Sac. They're central." Sierra foothills "California, what's that? We're the free state of Jefferson." Bay Area "Pretty much a fuzzy concept, but definitely not south of Bakersfield and King City." So. Cal "Shut up about the water rights. We'll never let you leave."

Depends on where you live. If you live in Redding you go around saying "Real Northern California is north of Red Bluff." Chico "Northern California is north of the Bay and Sac. They're central." Sierra foothills "California, what's that? We're the free state of Jefferson." Bay Area "Pretty much a fuzzy concept, but definitely not south of Bakersfield and King City." So. Cal "Shut up about the water rights. We'll never let you leave."
Teehee! We have property in Calif Pines - free state of Jefferson! For anyone that isn't aware -- there once was supposed to be a vote for Jefferson (a little bit of No Calif and a bit of Oregon) to be a new USA State but on Dec 7 1941 -- whoops -- the war effort took precedence and it never went on ballot again to my knowledge. The new state of Jefferson would be named after Thomas Jefferson who sent the Lewis & Clark expedition to the Northwest. My DH is a descendant of Meriwether Lewis and in fact my DH's family always included the name Lewis in the male birth names -- except my DH for some reason. Lewis never had children but his relatives are who my DH is descended from.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Northern California is where and what you claim it to be! All are welcome here

Teehee! We have property in Calif Pines - free state of Jefferson! For anyone that isn't aware -- there once was supposed to be a vote for Jefferson (a little bit of No Calif and a bit of Oregon) to be a new USA State but on Dec 7 1941 -- whoops -- the war effort took precedence and it never went on ballot again to my knowledge. The new state of Jefferson would be named after Thomas Jefferson who sent the Lewis & Clark expedition to the Northwest. My DH is a descendant of Meriwether Lewis and in fact my DH's family always included the name Lewis in the male birth names -- except my DH for some reason. Lewis never had children but his relatives are who my DH is descended from.
There is a movement to bring it back again but is only little county votes so far.

There has also been a plan by a Tech owner in sunnyvale to split the State up into multiple chunks.

@ronott1

The last voting a couple or so years back to split California into 3 separate states got quashed by some picky-yoonie legal technicalities.
Yes!

It was entertaining to watch though. That one was very bad and would have concentrated most of California's wealth into Silicon Valley.

Back
Top Bottom