California-Southern

hay CA peeps question? whats the best organic feed to feed to chickens and what too mix it with?
Modesto Milling company makes organic feed that is popular among organic chicken owners here in California. Also Countryside Organics in VA. But this one is not sold in California's stores; you have to order by mail. I buy different grains in bulk and mix my own feed to completely avoid corn and soy. You don't mix organic feed with anything; it has everything chicken needs. I also add vitamins to the water for them.

hay CA peeps question? whats the best organic feed to feed to chickens and what too mix it with?

There's also Magill Ranch Cascade feed from Oregon. I get mine through Azure Standard, the online natural foods bulk shop. I like it because it looks like real food - you can see all the grains and it smells great :) It is a bit powdery though. I do mix it with Modesto Milling.

All ads must be in the Buy Sell Trade forum, please

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
There's also Magill Ranch Cascade feed from Oregon. I get mine through Azure Standard, the online natural foods bulk shop. I like it because it looks like real food - you can see all the grains and it smells great
smile.png
It is a bit powdery though. I do mix it with Modesto Milling.

thanks for the input guys, im sher my chicky will be very happy

Yippee! I'm so happy for you!

And you want to know how to make your coop "better"? Whatchu talking about! It's awesome! Congrats on the new egg.
highfive.gif

So I thought I'd post this for those of you in my general area.... I'm in Long Beach and there is a community forum this coming week to discuss changing laws for urban farming. Here's what I know and read:

Residents are invited to share their thoughts on raising backyard livestock, and potential changes to the City's laws on chickens, goats and bees in residential areas.

The first public meeting will be held on Monday, June 11, at 6:30 pm at the Long Beach Community Action Partnership, 3012 Long Beach Blvd. The second meeting will be held on Thursday, June 14, at 6:30 pm at the Whaley Park Com...munity Center, 5620 E. Atherton St. The same content will be discussed at both meetings.

Public feedback gathered at these two meetings will be presented to the City Council's Environmental Committee, which is scheduled to consider the matter on Tuesday, June 26. The City's current ordinance allows livestock in some areas of Long Beach, but not in others. The Environmental Committee is considering an ordinance that may standardize the City's livestock ordinance throughout the City, and create new standards for allowing chickens, goats and bees in residential areas.

I know loads of you aren't from my area, but it may be a good opportunity for those of us who would like to see things change to voice an opinion. Thanks everyone, Jane

Back
Top Bottom