California-Southern

You can get fertile eggs at trader joes? What kind of chicks do they hatch into? I cant remember if i asked. What kind of incubator do you guys recomend. Sometimes having a.d.d. (attention defficite disorder basically stuff goes in one ear and out the other sometimes and needs to be repeated more than once to me) is to my disadvatage lol.

their eggs come from sexlink hens. So the chicks could be anything.

I use a GF1588 Great incubator easy to use. Others like Brinsea. there is a big difference in price.d

deb

Hi everyone it's been a while since I been on here,didn't realize how many people from California are on here, got home today and found my first black copper Marans egg is there any BLACK COPPER Marans breeders out here in California

Welcome back =)
There have been some BCM breeders on this thread from time to time.
This weekend was the APA show in Hollister, at the end of the month the APA Nationals will be in Modesto. There have been some beautiful BCM at the shows.

Hi! While we are not breeders, we are hatching eggs within the next few weeks from an excellent breeder, of show quality birds, from Bev Davis lines. Let me know if you're interested. They'll be straight run. We are in Thousand Oaks.

Do you have pictures of the eggshell color? Do you mind identifying the breeder?
Hope you will post the baby pics!

I posted pictures yesterday when they arrived... Maybe theyre in my profile folder? You can send me your cell and I'd be happy to text you. The breeder is in CT and shows her Marans.

Do you have pictures of the eggshell color?  Do you mind identifying the breeder? 
Hope you will post the baby pics!

I don't mind identifying the breeder at all...however, she did not pack them well, in the least! They were wrapped in packing paper only... We have lost 9 before we've started.

Last edited:
You can get fertile eggs at trader joes? What kind of chicks do they hatch into? I cant remember if i asked. What kind of incubator do you guys recomend. Sometimes having a.d.d. (attention defficite disorder basically stuff goes in one ear and out the other sometimes and needs to be repeated more than once to me) is to my disadvatage lol.

I bought a dozen of the fertile TJ white eggs and had 4 leghorn hens hatch out. One of the hens died right before egg laying. These hens mature pretty quickly and lay like crazy. Basically daily...

My neighborhood market had brown fertile eggs and I had 2 hath out then die. But I think that was because i had some mistakes in incubation process.

For those of you in so cal who had there local supermarket turned briefly into a Haggen I have an interesting update...

I went to check out the new store (now a Gelson) mainly because they had Cheerios for $1.99, and to see what the store was like.

Apart from some great store opening deals the prices seemed worse than Haggen. However the place felt more like wholefoods without the tattoos, and everyone was super nice.

I won't be shopping there EXCEPT I did find fertile eggs !!!! And nice red-brown ones.
Wholefoods don't do fertile eggs in this area any more.
Needless to say I picked up a box.

BTW If anyone needs trader joe chicks I should have some in just over a week. Those hens are super layers. PM me.

I'm close to the hillcrest location, will they have fertile eggs?

Back
Top Bottom