California-Southern

Chicken sitter help! I have an adorable 3 year old Silkie hen (see irresistible photo) who is an only-chicken now after her sister died a few weeks ago. Aside from the loneliness factor, the other chicken was her protector, so I've been bringing her inside at night and giving her tons of attention while I try to figure out the best long-term solution. The problem is that I have a 2 week trip coming up and I don't want to leave her alone all day (I would have someone come in AM and PM to open/close the coop, feed, etc). To complicate things, it will be over 4th of July and I live in a big firework area, so I wouldn't want her left outside. She integrated really well when merged with other silkies in the past, so my ideal situation is to find someone with or without other bantams who can take her in between June 23 and July 6th. I live in Orange County, so please let me know if you have any recommendations. Thank you!

P.S. She is comfortable with cats (obviously, dependent on the cat's behavior) and the hair around her eyes is normally cut, so she's not blind : )

Attachments

• IMG_1694.jpg
    IMG_1694.jpg
    480.8 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom