California-Southern

Pics
We're on the west side of Los Angeles (they call our neighborhood Del Rey). I converted my 6-year old daughter's play structure into a chicken coop and we currently have 7 chickens. One's a mystery chick that was incubated and hatched in her first grade classroom! I'm posting around so I can get out of the "new egg" phase which should allow me to post a picture. Hopefully someone will be able to identify the little chick for us!

Quote:
Just saw your posts.......I have seen people talking about Mikes on a thread on BYC.....Check out all the threads about southern California and search for Mikes...I KNOW it is in there somewhere but cannot remember exactly.....hope that helps.

LATE NEWS UPDATE sorethumb====....GO TO PAGE 69 POST #682 and that BYCers knows about Mikes!

I go to Mikes Auction all the time. My grandpa took me when I was just 4 years old. I now take my grandson. The next auction is July 10th. It is always follows the horse auction. The horse auction is the second Saturday of every month. The poultry auction is the next day on a Sunday. Things where crasy last month. We where in line at 7 in the morning. We did not get out of there until 8. The poultry did not even start until about 3:30. They spent way to long on the junk they sell before the auction starts. They use to be done with the junk to start the auction at noon. I wish those days where here again.

The best way to desplay your geese is to take them to the goat area rather than the cages. They have nets to cover the pens. I sold two geese for $55 two months ago. They had some small mixed geese sell for $20 at the last auction.

Hello all,

I am headed down to Rancho Cucamonga area this weekend and was wondering if anyone knows of someone that has valley and gambel quail chicks for sale? Thanks for your help.

Dom

Quote:
Hi Dom,

Post on these two threads and see if anyone answers, us chickenheads in the Inland Empire and scattered around LA county are getting together for our meet-up on Sat the 25th to swap / trade and sell. We would LOVE to have you join us!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6741435#p6741435

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=6730612#p6730612

The second thread post #1 has ALL the info on where we meet. Time will be 10AM till ????????
I know some one has quail but am ignorant on what breed they are. Also PM onthespot [Pattie] she lives in Norco and has tons of knowledge about who has what. Hope that helps.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I am patiently waiting for those pictures......
pop.gif

OR if you bring the little fellow to our Meet-up on the 25th of this month, we could identify him/her in person! Go to this thread, page #1 post one for the place info...we will be getting together at 10-11 am and will stay till the cows come home
lau.gif
gig.gif

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=467448&p=1

Hope to see you on Saturday......
yippiechickie.gif

Before I forget, I will be bringing boxes for those birdie transactions........
D.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Just to refresh everyone's mind old and new-bees:

Hi all you Southern CA BYCers! Our THIRD get together to, "talk shop", show off, swap, have some fun/silly contests and generally just have some plain old FUN with our chickens and humans!

DATE: June 25th PLACE: Neil Snipes Park, corner of Fifth and Hamner, Norco CA.

Start time: 10AM till the last person leaves.

What to bring for yourself, chickens, food & drink [chairs and/or table.] We have been lucky the last two times and have gotten the beautiful covered Pavillion to use--lets hope we get it again.

Park has restroom facilities and is chicken friendly!

We WILL have a raffle so bring goodies! p.s. I have the tickets

Spread the word.........BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.....
thumbsup.gif
woot.gif

Hello from Mojave,

I live in a rural area and have 5 acres in the desert and recently decided to raise dual purpose chickens to help provide for my family. As a freshman in high school, my family had chicken, ducks, and geese for a short period of time and we also had quail when I was in elementary. So, Honestly this would be my first time. I was looking on the web to see what info I could fine as to how to raise chickens, what to do, what to get and to my glee I came across BYC. I currently do not have any chickens as I am trying to learn what I need to do and choose a breed that does well in a desert environment. The kids are gone and it is me, the wife and my sister-in-law along with the 4 cats, the Basset Hound and the Chug. So, any help and suggestions would be helpful and welcomed.

Hey there fellow southern Californians. Im not sure where i should post this so ill post it here. I Have a Lamancha goat im looking to trade for two hens. The goat is a wether at around 5 months of age so he is still good for meat or just as a family pet. He is a very sweet goat But he has a habit of jumping up on people and I have a very pregnant wife that i dont want him jumping on. Plus im just kind of tired of goat and sheep. They cost too much to feed. Send me a private message or just respond to this post if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom