California-Southern

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Hey there, looking for advice from other SoCal people:

I had two laying hens, but one died this morning. Now my other hen is all alone and quite sad and confused, I imagine. I need to get her some companionship. But if I get a new grown hen, I will have to quarantine the new bird for a month, so my girl will still be alone for another month. If I get baby chicks (can I even do that this time of year?) they will be too small for her companionship for several more weeks.

What do I do??

Please advise. I worry about my lone girl :(

Hey there, looking for advice from other SoCal people:

I had two laying hens, but one died this morning. Now my other hen is all alone and quite sad and confused, I imagine. I need to get her some companionship. But if I get a new grown hen, I will have to quarantine the new bird for a month, so my girl will still be alone for another month. If I get baby chicks (can I even do that this time of year?) they will be too small for her companionship for several more weeks.

What do I do??

Please advise. I worry about my lone girl :(
I would go ahead and get another and not quarantine just make sure the chickens look well.

Good luck
frow.gif

Thanks for your thoughts, Hemet Dennis -- I was thinking the same thing. 

Michelle

Just saw your post Michelle, I too would try to find a hen from a place that you trust and seems to be a clean enviornment and put them together right away. You ould put SAVE-A-CHICK or some other vitamin water in for them to help alittle--also worm right away to alievitae that possible problem....just my thoughts.....poor momma is all alone...sniff-sniff.....Have you found a hen yet for yer lonley momma? LOL

Just saw your post Michelle, I too would try to find a hen from a place that you trust and seems to be a clean enviornment and put them together right away. You ould put SAVE-A-CHICK or some other vitamin water in for them to help alittle--also worm right away to alievitae that possible problem....just my thoughts.....poor momma is all alone...sniff-sniff.....Have you found a hen yet for yer lonley momma? LOL

Hi Froggie, I haven't found a hen yet. I don't want to look on Craigslist because I don't trust those sources. You are a knowledgeable woman -- where do you recommend? I need a quiet bird because we live in the suburbs. Any strays you've heard about?
cool.png

Hello, our family has started our own backyard flock. All hens, 6 total all different breeds,1 RIR(Ginger), 1 Black Copper Marans(Ebony), 1 Barred Rock(Georgia), 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte(Constance), 1 Ameraucana(Princess Leia), and last but not least a Silkie name Mokey. We're in West Covina, have 4 kids and 2 small dogs. We enjoy our growing our own fruits and veggies also. Hello to all. I'll try to post pics soon

welcome-byc.gif

Hello, our family has started our own backyard flock. All hens, 6 total all different breeds,1 RIR(Ginger), 1 Black Copper Marans(Ebony), 1 Barred Rock(Georgia), 1 Silver Laced Wyandotte(Constance), 1 Ameraucana(Princess Leia), and last but not least a Silkie name Mokey. We're in West Covina, have 4 kids and 2 small dogs. We enjoy our growing our own fruits and veggies also. Hello to all. I'll try to post pics soon

Back
Top Bottom