Call Ducks or Bantams...Crazy Animals Around the Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hybridchucks come show us your new hen. :pop
IMG_6348.jpg
IMG_6380.jpg
Isnt she gorgeous!! Her name is Aravis <3

I’m exhausted. Scuttled around doing house work this morning, detailed my car—someone spilled a smoothie—:rant

Cleaned out my incubator, it’s preheating for a new batch of EE/SS chicks.

Took my grandson’s mom to an appointment and for groceries, then we are going to a preschool open house to get him signed up.
:confused:
I just ran out too and came home to a Duck jot where she belongs at all..:barnie..Have to clean my pen now..:frow
Glad your busy...:)

Last edited:
Just put 30 EE eggs in the incubator! I need my head examined!
Also, I think my Big brown eggs are too thick shelled for good hatching (isa browns).
I only had 3 hatch successfully and I’m pretty sure they’re not buff orpingtons or black sex links- they’re yellow with light brown racing stripes. The one that hatched yesterday was shrink wrapped and died this afternoon, the other died while hatching and was “sticky.”

@Brahma Chicken5000 (or anyone else savvy in genetics) do you know if leg color is connected to egg color? My 7 little EE/Speckled Sussex babies all have pink legs.

8F24CC2A-56BF-488B-B62F-EE537724D8B7.jpeg

Just put 30 EE eggs in the incubator! I need my head examined!
Also, I think my Big brown eggs are too thick shelled for good hatching (isa browns).
I only had 3 hatch successfully and I’m pretty sure they’re not buff orpingtons or black sex links- they’re yellow with light brown racing stripes. The one that hatched yesterday was shrink wrapped and died this afternoon, the other died while hatching and was “sticky.”

@Brahma Chicken5000 (or anyone else savvy in genetics) do you know if leg color is connected to egg color? My 7 little EE/Speckled Sussex babies all have pink legs.

View attachment 1707447
Are those chicks sexlinked? Or different crosses?

Great news..BYCforlife is buying my young flock plus the Ducklings that are due to hatch. He is getting his pen built soon. I feel better because I know they are going to a great home. The Eggs Camille is sitting on I need to Candle in the next few days. I don't know if they are fertile or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom