1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Came home yesterday to ....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dixie&trixie, Nov 4, 2010.

1. dixie&trixie

dixie&trixie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Yreka California
    Bad news.....our house was robbed yesterday. They took everything that was worth anything. TV's, xbox, my daughter’s Wii, all the games, our laptop, my iPhone, mountain bike...its all gone. I cant believe it. They did it when no one was home. Me my boyfriend were both at work and DD was at school. So at least no one was hurt and all of our animals were safe.
    It seems like someone had been watching our house and waited til we were gone to break in. Im still so upset about it. DBF had just bought me one of the new plasma flat screens for my birthday 2 months ago and now its gone. Our laptop was brand new too, we had just bought it less than 6 months ago. We've worked so hard to buy those things for our enjoyment and somebody just breaks in and steals it. I feel so violated and taken advantage of.
    We called the police and they made a police report and took inventory of what was taken. We also called the landlord to replace all the locks on the doors. We didnt have any type of renters insurance or theft insurance on any of it. There want any sign of forced entry so there must have been a door unlocked. Nobody has come forward saying they saw anything either. They made it out scot free in the middle of the day with 2 BIG screen tvs and no one saw anything. Unbelievable.....

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Goodness! Very glad nobody was hurt (except the theives who need to lose their hands and feet so they can't steal again).

3. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    How terrible. That must be such a feeling of violation. [​IMG] I am glad nobody was hurt.

4. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Oh, I sure feel for you. [​IMG]

It is one of the WORST feelings in the world to realize someone has been in your home, rifled thru your stuff and taken whatever struck their fancy.

5. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Thats horrible, what idiots. I hope the police can catch them

6. wildeflowers

wildeflowers I suspect fowl play!

Jun 29, 2010
    I am really sorry that happened.

7. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    So sorry to hear! Our house was broken into earlier this year so I know exactly how you feel. We still haven't settled everything with our insurance. I hope you are able to recover everything without too much hassle.

8. dixie&trixie

dixie&trixie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2010
    Yreka California
    Unfortunately we had no renters insurance or theft protection on ANY of the stolen items.
    [​IMG]

9. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    A thief is a murderer of your labor.

10. newfoundland

newfoundland Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    So sorry for what has happened. This kind of thing makes me feel sick! Shame on them!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by