Can a male goose get a prolaspe

TerriL188

Songster
Apr 6, 2018
Holden, Missouri
I have a goose that I saw standing by himself, the others had gone down to the pond. I thought he just lost the others so I started to shoo him in the right direction but when he turned to walk away from me his bottom looked odd it was wet looking and there was a reddish area with something sticking out. This goose is not very friendly so I could not get close to him. I decided to let him go on to the pond and try and check him out better tonight which will entail me netting him to get a good look. Any information you can give me while be helpful. Sorry I cannot get close enough to get a picture. Thanks Terri

If you dont mind me asking, I just went down and look at him. Every time he quacks fluid comes out of it and I think I saw some blood above it. At what point do you think I need to take him to a vet?

Well I just got back from the vet, they had to gas him, so they cleaned it up really good and then she just gently pushed it all back in. I asked her why I couldn't do that and she said the gas made him relax they it is easy to get it in since the hemorrhoid cream I put on him took down some of the swelling. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom